205 GTi sump plug tools at local hardware store

John D

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hope someone may find this of use.
I've found that your local hardware store sells 205 GTi sump plug tools in packs of three!
Sold as the "TEKRAFT 3 piece nail punch set" in the ubiquitous blister pack. It's a cheap and cheerful brand that shouldn't be too hard to find. The punches have an eight-millimeter square end meant to be hit with a hammer but a perfect fit in the sump plug, the other end of course drives the nail.
With this more or less throw away tool and an eight-millimeter open ender oil changing is a breeze.

do 306 sump plugs fit in 205's ???
if so you would be better off putting them in the 205's as all you need is an 8mm allen key
they also have a hex on the outside as well but as to what size it is don't ask as i only ever use an allen key for mine

pugrambo:
do 306 sump plugs fit in 205's ???
if so you would be better off putting them in the 205's as all you need is an 8mm allen key
they also have a hex on the outside as well but as to what size it is don't ask as i only ever use an allen key for mine
I remember mine had the allen key in it as well (1995 306 XT) but it was filled with rubberised goo and so I only ever used the hex. It was 19mm or something suitably different to normal.