205 GTI RH Stub Axel

Justin B

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,

I am in desperate need for a 2nd or new RH stub axel. and I want it today if I can.

I think what's happening with my brakes is that one of the caliper mounting screws that go through the caliper slides is X-threaded...

So.. I want to replace the stub axel in the hope that it will solve the issue... Can anyone advise of any wrecked 205's in the sydney area?

Thanks
Justin

Justin,

Why don't you just use a Heli Coil which replaces the damaged thread. Should be able to buy one to suit from a bolt supplier.

Adrian,

won't that mean that I need to increase the 'thickness' of the bolt?? then it won't go through the centre of the caliper slide pins?

AdrianWuillemin:
Justin,

Why don't you just use a Heli Coil which replaces the damaged thread. Should be able to buy one to suit from a bolt supplier.

No, it just makes the hole bigger in the hub. You then insert the helicoil, which takes thread back to the original size. This will then enable you to use a standard bolt.

I might have a hub at home, will check tonight. Call me if you can't fix yours.

Hi Adrian,

How this all came about is my front right caliper 'clicks' when applied... today, I removed and played with it.

At the moment, we are thinking that the bolts are bowed / bent.. doing them up hand tight, we can move the caliper with our hands on the slides. Do them up to torque and we can't budge them... the otherside is 100% fine..

So We did work out one bolt was bent. We gave it come encrouagement (read hammer) and thought we got it straight, same result.

So sunday I'll get two bolts and see what I get, otherwise new stub axel... and I'm happy to give you a few $$$ for one if you have it... otherwise Parra Prestage want $190 for one, and A.S.V want $120 for one..
I'd rather give the $$$ to a frogger!!!
Justin

AdrianWuillemin:
No, it just makes the hole bigger in the hub. You then insert the helicoil, which takes thread back to the original size. This will then enable you to use a standard bolt.

AdrianWuillemin said:

Hi Adrian,

Do you have that stub axel? I finally installed new caliper mounting bolts on the 26th. These bolts came from Peugeot France so that are the right ones.

It must now be that the stub axel (the holes where the caliper bolts enter) are out or bent.

So.. do you have a right front and how much?

thanks
Justin