203 auction Ballarat

Oh, get thee behind me, Russell you devil.
Of course I covet the Adelaide one, too - suspect it’s a better basis for preservation …
i had wondered if that framework might be associated with;
lot 357 - car rotisserie and engine stand, 2 x Peugeot engines & gearboxes

For the register; ( ‘76 reg UB294 )
IMG_6030.jpg

Realistically the local restorers will be a force at the Ballarat auction and will pick the best. Given the age of many 203 enthusiasts it is a fact more good cars will become available. The car which is perfect for you will one day appear.

The passing of Basil Moran highlights how few people are left who actually bought new 203's and personally knew the players in the game like Alec Chapman. The knowledge gap is filled by second hand stories and anecdotes all too often inaccurate and the gaps filled by conjecture. Doesn't take long for stories to develop. A fact left out here, an embellishment here and off we go. And then requoted as fact. Made worse with the internet where everyone is an expert. Happens with more than cars. Takes a lot of work to pin an inaccurate story down. Even then its head pops up occasionally. I always value meeting people who were there.

do a search on facebook marketplace, 2 peugeots listed there, one early with sunroof and later model. In Peak Hill so dry climate. Asking $1500 for both.

Listed on the cars for sale on this site. I don't know if the owner reads these threads but he will improve his chances of selling with more photos and engine/chassis no's.

those 2 had been discussed here, incl. photos of the numbers for posterity ...

do a search on facebook marketplace, 2 peugeots listed there, one early with sunroof and later model. In Peak Hill so dry climate. Asking $1500 for both.
Dry ????

We have had that much rain out here it's not funny
Those cars have been sitting out there in the dust storms and as such filled with dirt then rained on non stop for the last two years so now have mud on top of mud on top of rust
I have seen the cars
One was dragged up from albury and the other from over on the coast
They have been sitting out here for a few years but are no where near as good as they look in the pics
He needs to drop a zero off the end of the asking price

Also don't assume the number plate looking fairly new on the black one giving you a false hope that the car has been on the road in recent times
That number plate belongs to another car