2014 Pug Access 308 - help?!

Iggy22

Tadpole
Tadpole
Have a few issues with my much loved Pug but living in mid-coast region of NSW means there are no (and I mean NONE!) mechanics with any idea about or 'passion' for Pugs nearby. Can anyone recommend a mechanic that has passion for pugs and may be able to help with getting my lower front control arms done, suspension stuff, timing belt replaced and another major 'steering' issue (just a failed seal, but apparently everything needs to be replaced in order to 'fix' the seal).
Peugeot dealer in Port Macquarie diagnosed the problems, but shut up shop when I booked in to have it seen to. Desperate days ... ANY advice or local knowledge of possible pug-experienced mechanics is greatly appreciated :)

I can understand the 3 cyl engine being unfamiliar (is that what you have?), but any trained mechanic should be able to do the front suspension arms. The suspension is a McPherson strut arrangement used by most cars of its size.

I can understand the 3 cyl engine being unfamiliar (is that what you have?), but any trained mechanic should be able to do the front suspension arms. The suspension is a McPherson strut arrangement used by most cars of its size.
True, and they are able to do the LCA work and the suspension stuff. But the main issue is my timing belt is 'fraying' and causes my girl to go into limp mode. They then have to clear out the sump of debris and she'd fine again. Have been waiting almost 2 months now for the quote to have it repaired but the current mechanic (GLAutos) keep baulking saying they 'can't find one part' so can't quote me on the work, nor am I able to book it in to get the work done. They've been great, but just can't give me answers as to why this is apparently so difficult to have done? No one else around here will touch it (not sure why?). There is a Pug dealer in Newcastle, but as I work full-time in community service I am totally lost without my car. Just hoping someone/anyone may know the area and be able to recommend someone. I've only been here 6 years and general servicing at GLAutos has been hit & miss but have no other options! Having said all that I'll chase up a pic of the major work that needs to be done and upload it - yet GLAutos has NEVER mentioned this is an issue even though I've handed over the paperwork given by the Pug Port Macq service centre (now defunct).

A few pics for clarification of the major problem that has befallen my trusty and hard-working Pug.

Attachments

• Steering Rack details.pdf
    326.3 KB · Views: 59
Thanks all. Ended up trading my beloved Pug on a brand new little buzz box. Goes really well and extremely fuel efficient - however does not have all the bells and whistles (luxury?!) I took for granted in my Pug.