2014 koleos auto trans oil

defender

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello, wondering if any one knows the oil capacity of the 6 auto box on my fwd diesel ,cannot seem to find it , assuming std atf oil will do the job
Many thanks

ok found that out , 3.4lt if any one else wants the info , i rang the dealer he stated that no one has asked for the oil and it should not be changed ???

ok found that out , 3.4lt if any one else wants the info , i rang the dealer he stated that no one has asked for the oil and it should not be changed ???
That should start a good debate, yet again, about auto transmission oil changes! Have you checked with a Nissan dealership about what they do with X-Trails? I think if you google this issue (and poke around in Aussiefrogs) you'll find plenty to ponder.

That should start a good debate, yet again, about auto transmission oil changes! Have you checked with a Nissan dealership about what they do with X-Trails? I think if you google this issue (and poke around in Aussiefrogs) you'll find plenty to ponder.
thanks john ,, its a 2014 koleos fwd 6speed auto box,, strange that they dont change the oil at all /

We have 2013 model same as yours 130,000km and auto oil has been changed twice and due for service now,will get auto oil changed at this service as we occasionally tow a caravan…jim

thanks john ,, its a 2014 koleos fwd 6speed auto box,, strange that they dont change the oil at all /
I can't believe that not changing the oil is a good idea. Sometimes the same transmission gets different recommendations from different companies that use it!!!

For some time Peugeot-Citroen have been spreading this "Filled for Life" nonsense. When an auto transmission goes it usually is the end of the car. With Europe's salted roads life there can be short anyway.

We have 2013 model same as yours 130,000km and auto oil has been changed twice and due for service now,will get auto oil changed at this service as we occasionally tow a caravan…jim
Thanks Jim , mines the 2ltr diesel its done 136.ooo km so i should change it ,, do they have an oil fil there as as well i wonder the online instructions done say ?

Ours is 4wd,6speed auto,not cvt,first auto oil change done by Renault dealer,last by alpine affaire.haven’t changed trans oil myself so not sure of oil filter location.i should do next one myself as do all our other cars..jim

Thanks Jim , https://www.rkoleos.com/285/automatic_gearbox_oil_draining_filling.html
Automatic gearbox

it says that this tool is needed , i called a local service centre they want $600 for the service , ill keep researching