2013 508 Diesel question

405STi

Fellow Frogger
Hi froggers - im looking at buying a 10 year old 2013 Peugeot 508 SW diesel. I think its the allure 2 L diesel engine (and not the 2.2L GT), but the current elderly owner is not too sure. Im yet to look at the car.

Car has done about 115k.

Does anyone have any feedback/experience on the diesel engine in these?

He also mentioned on the phone something about the automatic feeling a little 'different' for him, how it goes to neutral when stopped and not in drive so this feels a little different when it goes into gear again.

I driven many Peugeots, never a diesel or a 508 (the last 50_ i owned was a 1982 505).

thanks for any feedback in advance

Evan.

2013 is probably the RHH engine. Check for those letters at 6-7-8 in the VIN.

The RHH (DW10CTED4) is very reliable, and a quite decent performer. Most would say it's the best of the 2.0L diesels. Lots of comments in the forum.

The 6 speed AM6 auto learns from the way it is driven, so it will take a few outings to reset itself to you. It does change to neutral when stopped or coasting gently without load. If you coast slowly around a corner for example, you will certainly feel it change out of neutral when you accelerate away.

On the other hand if you come to a steepish descent when driving it will change down to try and hold (ie restrain) the vehicle speed.

The gearbox will try to keep revs at about 2000 rpm, in the max torque range..

At that mileage ask if the gearbox fluid has been changed. Peugeot's "Filled for life" slogan is dangerous BS.

DW10C
curves.png