2011 Peugeot 207cc Auto - gearbox fault repair needed message

I just did it in Park... There is a little shoulder on the sliding piston the selector lever moves that is flush with the VB housing it moves in when in park. A little trial and error positioning the blade so when its tight the piston is in the right position.

Car runs like a champ :)

Oooo a thread about AL4's that also combines discussion about oil !!!!!!!

jca.gif

Cheers

Justin

Oooo a thread about AL4's that also combines discussion about oil !!!!!!!

jca.gif

Cheers

Justin
If you really want a fun time, get onto the Alfa forums and suggest using oil in Multiair engines thats not made by Petronas :)

As per the advise I have installed Spring anf aligned Quadrant.
Now I find a buzzing noice when i chang the gears. i only plug the battery and T/ecu to test it.
Now is it multifuction switch? i felt like the balljoint is not quite aligned to the blue socket.

also wanted to know what is the safest way to check the job is all good before test drive. I did lasttime was hook up radioator and fill coolent etc and trung the engine on to test.

buzzing noise is normal for the solenoids during shifting from park to drive/reverse etc, you wont here this once engine running.

adjusting the ball joint is another task to get correct, ozVTR have you a guide to share?? I've never had to, lucky I guess :rolleyes:

The tutorial I did in the "C3 owners" link has instructions. Effectively the ball joint and switch are done in Neutral.
The selector in the cabin is set to neutral and you click the selector quadrant in the gearbox to the neutral position (note the direction of the selector moves opposite to the ball joint). You then pull the yellow tabs on the ball joint connector upwards and the entire ball joint assembly will "pop out". Align the ball joint assembly with the ball on the selector arm and pop it in place. Then snap the yellow retainer back into the ball joint assembly.
You may need to adjust the multi function switch too.
However if you are lucky the ball joints might line up "out of the box" and you can just snap them back together and off you go.
Again the tutorial has pictures and is more comprehensive.
Click [Here] to go to the article.

As per the advise I have installed Spring anf aligned Quadrant.
Now I find a buzzing noice when i chang the gears. i only plug the battery and T/ecu to test it.
Now is it multifuction switch? i felt like the balljoint is not quite aligned to the blue socket.

also wanted to know what is the safest way to check the job is all good before test drive. I did lasttime was hook up radioator and fill coolent etc and trung the engine on to test.
In the Reno diagnostic software interface tool thingy at least there is a test function where you can activate the solenoids and listen for the buzzing to test for dead solenoids.

You don't normally pay attention to the buzzing of the electro valves until you work on them. Then you cant stop hearing them!
The first reaction is: "Is that right, should they buzz like that?". LOL!
That's why those electro valves fail, they are constantly "modulating" to regulate the fluid pressure. They are doing a lot of work. You don't normally hear them because the engine is running and the movement of hydraulic fluid dampens the action of the valves.
The other electro valves on the side and bottom of the valve body are either on or off. They don't modulate (well not like the regulator valves). That's why they are a different shape and rarely fail.

I think the buzzing noice is coming form Multifuction sw. but ill try oce again setting up as per the directions
Qadrant sepring done on 2nd and then move the liver 2c lics to N and try to connect ball joing as i have left the cabin lever left in Nutral.hope there shuldnt be any buzzing noices.(i felt the same thig i have done earlier)

hi OZvtr,Hakoon,Dimistyle,

thanks you for all your valuble guidance and i have managed to get the v/b installed and get the car runnign agaain.

However now i have couple of error codes. about the cooling fan errors, i alreay checked with replacing the radiotro fan controle unit as well. but i dont see the fan runing still.

please advise what shuld i check?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223-110451_FAPlite.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223-110451_FAPlite.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20230223-110551_FAPlite.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223-110551_FAPlite.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 54

thanks you for all your valuble guidance and i have managed to get the v/b installed and get the car runnign agaain.

However now i have couple of error codes. about the cooling fan errors, i alreay checked with replacing the radiotro fan controle unit as well. but i dont see the fan runing still.

P0692/0694 ARE THE PROBLEM

I HAVE CLEANED CMASSHAFT SENSOR.MAY BE NEED TO ORDER A NEW ONE. NO IDEA ABOUT THE CRUIS CONTROL ERROR.
AS I CAN STIL SEE P1167.

U1313 IS A NEW ERROR

any history on this car we should know? Fan should run when A/cond turned on, is AC working? so you replaced the fan controller behind the bumper and all wiring was not damaged? possibly fan is burnt out I have a spare on the Sunny Coast but plenty of early 308's wrecking.

P0014 can be the timing chain needing replacement or the Cam not set correctly.

any history on this car we should know? Fan should run when A/cond turned on, is AC working? so you replaced the fan controller behind the bumper and all wiring was not damaged? possibly fan is burnt out I have a spare on the Sunny Coast but plenty of early 308's wrecking.

P0014 can be the timing chain needing replacement or the Cam not set correctly.
Thanks mate, I have replaced the fan controller.but still not working. AC gas is out but compressor is workiking.so the fan shuld work when turn the ac on.but now no fans going.i can here the compresson on.
84k millage.Wirings shuldnt be ok. but i have mistakenly pluged the fan controller wrong way 5 pin socket(not the grey one the black one on the controoller) and then only the issue came. so i thought the controller must have gone and i replaced. what else can damage if i plug the 5pin cable worng way?any fueses?. engine works fine.

AC gas is out but compressor is workiking.so the fan should work when turn the ac on.but now no fans going.i can here the compresson on.

Nope, pressure switch will stop things from happening, there is a minimum pressure it must attain. Not sure on impact to fans, but is a variable not to be discounted. I suppose one of us could test removing connector to pressure switch and observe, I am away from my car so cannot test. Good to hear clutch is working on the compressor, replace seals and oil and regas.

I don't recognise those numbers. I think the 207cc came with the unaspirated EP6 1.6 engine or its turbo brother the EP6DT 1.6. Letters 6-7-8 of the VIN are a short code describing the engine fitted

This is important for help with those engine faults.

AC gas is out but compressor is workiking.so the fan should work when turn the ac on.but now no fans going.i can here the compresson on.

Nope, pressure switch will stop things from happening, there is a minimum pressure it must attain. Not sure on impact to fans, but is a variable not to be discounted. I suppose one of us could test removing connector to pressure switch and observe, I am away from my car so cannot test. Good to hear clutch is working on the compressor, replace seals and oil and regas.
Thanks Mat, I dont use AC untill i replace the leacking evaporator. but i had radiator fan going beofre. only my stupidity that i didnt check the socket propertly before star and then i had many errors and wornings. i scanned and came to know the fans. i took the plugh off and started now no engine warning lights. only get these codes when scanned.
is there any relays/fuese other than control unit that need to check?this is 2010 peugot 207
can ecu affect witht his wrogn connection?
I don't recognise those numbers. I think the 207cc came with the unaspirated EP6 1.6 engine or its turbo brother the EP6DT 1.6. Letters 6-7-8 of the VIN are a short code describing the engine fitted

This is important for help with those engine faults.
sorry my bad,

VIN : VF3WC5FS9AW108758
2010 PEUGEOT 207 HATCHBACK
this is not turbo

Thanks. It's an non-turbo EP6C, coded as 5FS That will help get good replies.