2006 307 2.0HDI turbo issues

Belgianguy

Tadpole
Tadpole
Good evening everyone and merry Christmas!

I'm new to this forum and haven't really found answers in reading through posts.

I own a 2006 307 2.0 hdi auto with only 89k and am experiencing some problems. First issue is the pipe between intercooler and dose valve/ intake manifold sucks shut / doesn't supply boost and engine will stall. I have disconnected the intercooler pipes before and after intercooler and checked for cracks / blockages. I also inspected the vacuum lines coming from the actuator/solenoid near the aircon pump and the T-piece, they all seem to be completely fine. My assumption would be either the solenoid near aircon or the electric actuator on the turbo is faulty. The actuator on the turbo seems extremely hard to reach and I can't even see. I really hope the turbo isn't shot at these kind of kilometres. I would love to hear your advice / experience with this problem.

Second issue is the instrument cluster and aircon controls don't work after replacing battery. I tried the reset BSI about 10 times but no real luck there.

Thanks for your advice!

Is the intercooler blocked? Oil can enter from turbo bearing leakage. Turbo access is extremely poor, so I hope it doesn't come to that. It is early.

On the battery, there is a procedure with these computers on wheels. When disconnecting you must wait long enough for the computers to shut down cleanly. Don't open a door or do anything except walk away. At reconnection it's another wait while rebooting takes place without any incoming sensor information to confuse things. Again, this includes doors. Not doing these things can lead to extraordinary electrics performances, though I haven't heard of instruments and aircon stoppage specifically.

Thanks for your reply, seasink.

I did notice some oil in the lower hard plastic tube between turbo and intercooler pipe. It seems hard to believe the intercooler would be blocked from that amount of oil but on the other hand I can hear the turbo spool with lower intercooler pipe off. Can't hear it with intercooler pipe on. I'll try and remove it and flush it out anyway.

Regarding the BSI reset I followed the exact procedure. So let it sit with battery connected, disconnect for 15 seconds and then follow the next steps 10 seconds after. Maybe it would help if I wait a bit longer?

They do seem like computers on wheels!

Make it minutes. I go overboard with my cars and make it several minutes.