2005 ARC Rally Driver Wanted GroupN N4 Subaru WRX STI

AtomicBlackRaci

Tadpole
Hi Guys,

We currently looking for an advanced driver to support our top driver and our assault on the 2005 Australian Rally Championship.

Driver testing will be held in each State February 2005(QLD, NSW, ACT, WA, SA, TAS states and territories only), with preseason testing starting late February 2005.

The best driver tested will receive a sponsored drive with Atomic Black Racing for all eight rounds of the 2005 ARC Season.

After initial state testing, the best 5 drivers will be required to complete final testing in Queensland, all travel and accommodation expenses to queensland are paid by ABR ( Atomic Black Racing).

The best driver will then be signed to drive for ABR for the 2005 ARC Rally Championship.

Interested parties please contact me direct at: racing@atomicblack.com.au
Fax: 07 3254 0228
email: racing@atomicblack.com.au
web: http://www.atomicblack.com.au

Yeah, but who wants to drive a WRX?

*chuckle*

If the team cars were French (you know, the cars that ACTUALLY win the Rally's) maybe there'd be interest!

If you check it out, I think you'll find this has an association with the place Kevin Bartlett was looking like getting involved in a year or two ago across the road from Ipswich Raceway/Willowbank.
Looking at the prices the attached driver training school is quoting, they'd want to be showing something pretty special.

Alan S :cheers:

Interesting - looking for ARC drivers on a forum !?!?!?!? That's a stretch cause everyone here thinks they are already Michael Schumacher. :joker:

Thanks for the invite but just go to all the state rounds and check out the talent - trial a few and select one. Best of luck.

- xTc -

nate said:
If the team cars were French (you know, the cars that ACTUALLY win the Rally's) maybe there'd be interest!
No French cars in the ARC - none I know of anyway, affraid you'll have to settle for the WRX (they arn't too shabby). :)

- xTc -

Before you start getting too excited, I'd suggest you read the words and stop looking at the pitchas.
Check out one of the sponsors:

http://www.youdrive.com.au/rallyschool.asp

Now read his lips:-

"We currently looking for an advanced driver to support our top driver and our assault on the 2005 Australian Rally Championship."

Now read the sponsors advert:-

Level 1 - Half or Full Day Rally School Half Day $ 495 Full Day $ 985

Level 2 - Advanced Rally Driver Full Day $ 1295

Level 3 - Rally Ready Full Day $ 2500

******************************************​

"After initial state testing, the best 5 drivers will be required to complete final testing in Queensland,"

The sponsor's website says:-

"The You Drive experience is held at a track constructed on Council land at Champions Way, Willowbank and is used for Autocross, Short Circuit (Dirt) Touring Cars, Driver Training, Media Days and Rallysprints."

*******************************************​

"all travel and accommodation expenses to queensland are paid by ABR ( Atomic Black Racing)"

Which is fair enough, but what about "testing?"

I'd say it's all legit as "Turn key" drives are becoming more the norm than the rare but I think before anyone gets the cap turned around, the Milo tin on the tail pipe and starts to polish up the Hyundai sprint (and fitting the 'No Fear' stickers) that you accept the reality that these guys aren't going to trust the first ricer who lands on their doorstep with the doof doof background noise as Eminem talks his way through his latest singing lesson with a 6 figure Rally car or they'll be looking at fitting wheels on the roof of it by the end of the day. They'll expect a committment from potential candidates and my guess is that if you roll up with less than 10 Grand in your pocket you'll be wasting your time.
The sponsors don't go along out of the goodness of their hearts so I've no doubt, they would be the big winners overall and probably may have an association with the team; they'd be mad not to have.

As they say: There's no such thing as a free lunch, and I can't see this being any free lunch even though at first read it may appear to be one.

Alan S :2cents: :cheers:

Last edited:
Alan S said:
Before you start getting too excited, I'd suggest you read the words and stop looking at the pitchas.
Check out one of the sponsors:

http://www.youdrive.com.au/rallyschool.asp

Now read his lips:-

"We currently looking for an advanced driver to support our top driver and our assault on the 2005 Australian Rally Championship."

Now read the sponsors advert:-

Level 1 - Half or Full Day Rally School Half Day $ 495 Full Day $ 985

Level 2 - Advanced Rally Driver Full Day $ 1295

Level 3 - Rally Ready Full Day $ 2500

"After initial state testing, the best 5 drivers will be required to complete final testing in Queensland,"

The sponsor's website says:-

"The You Drive experience is held at a track constructed on Council land at Champions Way, Willowbank and is used for Autocross, Short Circuit (Dirt) Touring Cars, Driver Training, Media Days and Rallysprints."

*******************************************​

"all travel and accommodation expenses to queensland are paid by ABR ( Atomic Black Racing)"

Which is fair enough, but what about "testing?"

I'd say it's all legit as "Turn key" drives are becoming more the norm than the rare but I think before anyone gets the cap turned around, the Milo tin on the tail pipe and starts to polish up the Hyundai sprint (and fitting the 'No Fear' stickers) that you accept the reality that these guys aren't going to trust the first ricer who lands on their doorstep with the doof doof background noise as Eminem talks his way through his latest singing lesson with a 6 figure Rally car or they'll be looking at fitting wheels on the roof of it by the end of the day. They'll expect a committment from potential candidates and my guess is that if you roll up with less than 10 Grand in your pocket you'll be wasting your time.
The sponsors don't go along out of the goodness of their hearts so I've no doubt, they would be the big winners overall and probably may have an association with the team; they'd be mad not to have.

As they say: There's no such thing as a free lunch, and I can't see this being any free lunch even though at first read it may appear to be one.

Alan S :2cents: :cheers:

I've never heard of them, I would say it is a scheme to make to some money so that they can afford to run their number one car!
Graham

Alan S said:
Its an advert, Yes I think you'd have to pull more then 10K in sponsorship $'s with you. Just like private university places . you don't need mountains of talent, just money. :evil:

- xTc -

XTC206 said:
Its an advert, Yes I think you'd have to pull more then 10K in sponsorship $'s with you. Just like private university places . you don't need mountains of talent, just money. :evil:

- xTc -

I don't think it's a case of "pulling sponsorship" but more like "Australian Idol on wheels" and each 'contestant' pays to be 'educated' so you end up with X number per State each paying to do the drivers course which if my guess of 10 grand is spot on and there's a dozen do it, there's $120,000 in funds and on the big day it's a case of "and the winner is......??????"
and the rest get the old "don't call us we'll call you'" routine along with a certificate saying they have passed a driving course up to Rally Driver standard which one day may help open a door to something for them. As I say, a smart piece of marketing and could benefit someone eventually. Be a ton of fun to do, but don't expect it's all going to happen without you parting with some dosh.
It's basically a variance on "Chance of a lifetime" that HRT run in the V8s.

Alan S

Would be a hoot to see some of the rice boys who think they can drive make total and utter gooses of themselves. May-be we should get a few of us together and have a heckle squad on the day. :joker: Laugh at a ricer :banana: ( Although I don't think this will happen, How many rice-boys have a few 'spare' grand that isn't tied up in spoilers and loud blow-off valves.)

Seriously, it all looks good at first when you read it, then when you re-read it carefully you do see the facts of the story. They are looking for a competent driver, as mentioned and they are putting up serious $$$ so won't want to throw it away.