2005 307cc auto 2.0L petrol extra keys code???

musiclover56@outlook.com.

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi ALL
I have one existing working 2 button key I do not have the key code or radio codes (is there a easy way to retrieve these?) as previous owners couldn't provide
I am wanting to 'code" the 2 extra already cut keys I have, they are 433 Mhz ID46 chip (key on left is existing working key the right is the "new" to be paired key}

can these 2 keys just be paired?
like in this?

1705032182243.png

or do they have to have a transponder code transferred with a code unit??
Any help much appreciated.

Tomorrow I am going to check out the passenger (right hand side as in Australia!) rear window electric winder can hear it moving as it suddenly jammed, ANY tips from anyone who has done?

Thanks Robert pugsa!

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_143718.jpg
    IMG_20240112_143718.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240112_143602.jpg
    IMG_20240112_143602.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 22
depends on the keys. the cheap ones on ebay didn't work with the locking in the C2 here. You will need the key code (from Peugeot dealer if the key code card isn't in the car) and the lexia diagnostic system to add the new keys to the car. If the keys already start the car, then they are already coded to it .... and the remotes just don't work

If you are talking about the stock radio, the radio has to be "told" the VIN of the car. LEXIA and some other scan tools can do that. If it's an after market radio...sorry, good luck. Things that make you go "Hmmmm". If it's the original stock radio...why does it need to be coded back in? Or is it working fine and you just wanted to know what the "code" is? Hope that cleared thing up for you.

There are 3 parts to the key. The blade, the transponder and the remote transmitter. The blade...well that's easy. The transponder is used to start the engine. The remote, locks and unlocks the doors...remotely.

That blurb on "How to program...remotes" is only to re-synchronize remotes that the BSI already "knows". And it is only used for the remote central locking, not the engine. If a (second) key is not used for a while it will get out of synchronization with the "rolling code" used by the BSI and will need to be re-synchronized. That process does not work on transmitters that are not already known to the BSI.

Creating a key to start the engine requires the 4 character engine ECU PIN code. On early models, that was provided on a credit card sized...card...found in the owners' wallet along with the owners' manual. But they no longer do that.
Apparently there was a law passed that required previous owners of PSA cars to throw away the spare key and the PIN card! That's a joke, but explain to me why second hand cars only come with one key! Particularly seeing as the keys are @#$%ing expensive to replace.
You have a couple of options:
Ask Peugeot for the PIN, however they are not obliged to provide it. Brisbane Citroen REFUSED out right to provide the PIN but would code in keys etc. I believe that this is a franchisees prerogative but I'm not sure. Your local may provide it.
There are scan tools that can get the PIN from the BSI (LEXIA can't do that).
Hack into the EEPROM of the BSI. There are companies that can do this. However it would probably cost about the same as Peugeot providing a new key (not exactly sure on that).

The keys use an ID46 transponder (as you said). Again, these chips are used to start the engine. I have found those transponder chips in the Chinese knock off keys to be hit-and-miss. The stand alone ID46 chips seem to work fine.

The central locking transmitter. Oh boy! If the transmitter uses the 73373067B/C PCB...forget it. Buy a new key from PSA. Having said that I am not sure that they are still available!! Those Chinese knock offs DO NOT WORK on the CAN-VAN systems. Apparently they Do work on the "all CAN" systems.

Locksmiths. It's been my finding that most locksmiths do not handle this kind of stuff. I could not even find a locksmith that carried VA2 key blades! However, I got VA2 blades from Aliexpress and had them cut by Mr Minute without any problems. Now I'm talking proper automotive locksmiths. Some can code a transponder with their scan tool if you provide the PIN. An even smaller number have a scan tool to find the PIN, BUT they are very few! Maybe in Sydney and Melbourne, but not here in Brisbane. Well none that I could find. The other thing is that these locksmiths ask a premium for their service, making a genuine key look more attractive. Remember, locksmiths could possibly create a key to start your engine but they CANNOT create a key that REMOTELY opens the doors. Again, making a genuine key look more attractive.

Are there people who can do this stuff? Well there is Peugeot/Citroen. There are also a VERY small number of people who do this stuff BUT they are VERY hard to find. They do not advertise and typically do subcontract work for mechanics. I had reason to get similar work done on a Holden Rodeo. It took months to find this guy and when I did, he could not do the work for another 2 weeks as he was too busy. I wonder why?
By the way, these guys are NOT "chip tuners". People who do "chip tuning" are a dime-a-dozen! This is a completely different thing!

Sorry for the length, but as you may have guessed I have invested a lot of time and effort on this subject.

Thanks for your reply, and yes its very easy to swallow up so much time investigating and trying to find out good info!
it is all new and overwhelming!!! lol
yesterday we tried using a SBB pro 2 key programmer for the first time without success and going on U tube wasn't funny how bad the show how to vids were!! so have to research more need to check up more how to use like U said hard to find info or anyone (I'm In South Aus) to get info, learn or advice on
I did contact Peugeot a couple weeks ago re pin said someone will be tin touch locally....heard nothing yet!!

depends on the keys. the cheap ones on ebay didn't work with the locking in the C2 here. You will need the key code (from Peugeot dealer if the key code card isn't in the car) and the lexia diagnostic system to add the new keys to the car. If the keys already start the car, then they are already coded to it .... and the remotes just don't work
THX for reply
Tried using for the first time a SBB Pro2 but without success yet have to try and find more r details out
Peugot online replied someone would get to me a couple of weeks ago re PIN number..still waiting a response!
I looked at ALLi Baber they have lexia ranging from $65 - 130 ish not sure of the real differences if any then I"think" you have to get another program??? so much to learn!!
If only it was easy!!! lol

If you are talking about the stock radio, the radio has to be "told" the VIN of the car. LEXIA and some other scan tools can do that. If it's an after market radio...sorry, good luck. Things that make you go "Hmmmm". If it's the original stock radio...why does it need to be coded back in? Or is it working fine and you just wanted to know what the "code" is? Hope that cleared thing up for you.

There are 3 parts to the key. The blade, the transponder and the remote transmitter. The blade...well that's easy. The transponder is used to start the engine. The remote, locks and unlocks the doors...remotely.

That blurb on "How to program...remotes" is only to re-synchronize remotes that the BSI already "knows". And it is only used for the remote central locking, not the engine. If a (second) key is not used for a while it will get out of synchronization with the "rolling code" used by the BSI and will need to be re-synchronized. That process does not work on transmitters that are not already known to the BSI.

Creating a key to start the engine requires the 4 character engine ECU PIN code. On early models, that was provided on a credit card sized...card...found in the owners' wallet along with the owners' manual. But they no longer do that.
Apparently there was a law passed that required previous owners of PSA cars to throw away the spare key and the PIN card! That's a joke, but explain to me why second hand cars only come with one key! Particularly seeing as the keys are @#$%ing expensive to replace.
You have a couple of options:
Ask Peugeot for the PIN, however they are not obliged to provide it. Brisbane Citroen REFUSED out right to provide the PIN but would code in keys etc. I believe that this is a franchisees prerogative but I'm not sure. Your local may provide it.
There are scan tools that can get the PIN from the BSI (LEXIA can't do that).
Hack into the EEPROM of the BSI. There are companies that can do this. However it would probably cost about the same as Peugeot providing a new key (not exactly sure on that).

The keys use an ID46 transponder (as you said). Again, these chips are used to start the engine. I have found those transponder chips in the Chinese knock off keys to be hit-and-miss. The stand alone ID46 chips seem to work fine.

The central locking transmitter. Oh boy! If the transmitter uses the 73373067B/C PCB...forget it. Buy a new key from PSA. Having said that I am not sure that they are still available!! Those Chinese knock offs DO NOT WORK on the CAN-VAN systems. Apparently they Do work on the "all CAN" systems.

Locksmiths. It's been my finding that most locksmiths do not handle this kind of stuff. I could not even find a locksmith that carried VA2 key blades! However, I got VA2 blades from Aliexpress and had them cut by Mr Minute without any problems. Now I'm talking proper automotive locksmiths. Some can code a transponder with their scan tool if you provide the PIN. An even smaller number have a scan tool to find the PIN, BUT they are very few! Maybe in Sydney and Melbourne, but not here in Brisbane. Well none that I could find. The other thing is that these locksmiths ask a premium for their service, making a genuine key look more attractive. Remember, locksmiths could possibly create a key to start your engine but they CANNOT create a key that REMOTELY opens the doors. Again, making a genuine key look more attractive.

Are there people who can do this stuff? Well there is Peugeot/Citroen. There are also a VERY small number of people who do this stuff BUT they are VERY hard to find. They do not advertise and typically do subcontract work for mechanics. I had reason to get similar work done on a Holden Rodeo. It took months to find this guy and when I did, he could not do the work for another 2 weeks as he was too busy. I wonder why?
By the way, these guys are NOT "chip tuners". People who do "chip tuning" are a dime-a-dozen! This is a completely different thing!

Sorry for the length, but as you may have guessed I have invested a lot of time and effort on this subject.
Re the radio original was in car but had no code I said leave it in just add the new unit so no problems as was worried after reading how it affects the BSI had another unit to put in with a touch screen ect he just pulled out the old radio put it in the new unit before I got there it works and so does the car????? Go figure???

Re the radio original was in car but had no code I said leave it in just add the new unit so no problems as was worried after reading how it affects the BSI had another unit to put in with a touch screen ect he just pulled out the old radio put it in the new unit before I got there it works and so does the car????? Go figure???
The stock radio remembers the (last) VIN it was coded with. So you can remove and install it into the (current VIN) car as many times as you like. If it is installed into any other car, the radio/CD will "beep" every 20 or 30 seconds (or so, I cant remember).
I have seen conflicting stories about removing the stock radios from CAN-VAN cars. Apparently it will stop the central locking from working. The radio should be "removed" (or deactivated) from the list of ECU's in the BSI via LEXIA. However I think it is more a matter of incorrect installation of the new radio and shorting of the VAN BUS lines.

THX for reply
Tried using for the first time a SBB Pro2 but without success yet have to try and find more r details out
Peugot online replied someone would get to me a couple of weeks ago re PIN number..still waiting a response!
I looked at ALLi Baber they have lexia ranging from $65 - 130 ish not sure of the real differences if any then I"think" you have to get another program??? so much to learn!!
If only it was easy!!! lol
The "plain vanilla" LEXIA and Diagbox software offered by Ebay and Ali will work on the older CAN-VAN cars, HOWEVER...the quality control of the LEXIA3 construction is poor and the software is pirated!!!!!!!
This means the LEXIA might be faulty out-of-the-box and the software is a pain in the @$$ to install. There are people on this forum better suited to answering LEXIA/Diagbox questions than I, but I'm sure they will agree, it's not fun getting a LEXIA up and running.
BUT, having said all that, it IS worth while pushing through the pain to get one up and running.

I would highly recommend keeping on top of Peugeot and the engine ECU PIN.