1990 Mi16 for sale

peujohn

pur-john, not pew-john!
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
1990 Mi16, white, 15 inch alloys, 140,000 kms, velour interior, excellent condition. Recent new parts include clutch, radiator and heater core.

This is a much-loved car, but I need to sell it. See picture in Gallery.

$12000 including reg and RWC.

Email me if interested.

I would be interested, but 12000 is too much, it shouldn't be but that is what the market dictates. How does $8k sound?

Thanks

Shite Angus,

that's a bit cheap and cheeky of you for down writing a price by 33%.
If the man wants $12K he'll probably get close to it, but $8K???

Makes my 504 worth $50.
(Oh hang on, thats the going rate for 504's these days...)

I wouldn't sell for $8K. I think Melbourne prices must have held up a bit better than NSW prices, it's very rare to see an Mi16 for less than $10K down here. Angus, how many kays on your 93 model for $9K?

John

Mine was a 93 SII with 120,000kms. - $9k Immaculate condition with black duco, no scratches no dings.
Then spent $1000 on RWC which was new tyres, new coil set, new front windscreen and some eletrics to fix a reverse light problem. Car has cd player etc no sunroof though.

I did not mean to offend anyone, i firmly believe that these cars are undervalued, however this is what the market dictates.
There is a dealership in Mel called Tiny Town. He has two there with very low kms (under 100k) for 11 grand each. He offers a 3 year warrantee and this is his dealership price.

Once again sorry if i offended you with my price, good luck with your sale.

Angus

There is a 405 mi16 s1 in brisbane's trading post for $7500 with 150,000 km and in the add it states that is an import? I have not had a look at this car and could not say if it is in bad shape but for the money its worth a look if you are in the market either buying or selling.

Just food for thought>

Neil
mallet

This poor bloke is trying to sell his car and all you guys are saying it is too expensive. Have you seen it? Maybe it is mint. A crap S1 Mi16 is not worth owning. Keeping a really good one that way is a labour of love. I have a good S1 with a lot more kms on it than that and if I was going to sell it, I would probably ask the same. I have spent a great deal of money and time on making everything spot on. This was on a car which was very well maintained to begin with. I would rather buy the best car in town for $12k than a heap of sh*t for $7500. I have seen these things get really bad. The $4500 difference is never going to make the $7500 car as good. Save your opinions until someone has seen it.

Cal.

Any car is worth what a buyer will pay for it.
I just organised a sale on a BX TZi auto for 7 grand; have a look in the Trading Post & see what price you could get one for, possibly half that.
BUT, the family friend who bought it got an absolute screamer of a bargain I reckon & so does she. The reason? She had looked at similar models in manuals for $6000 but then discovered they had suspect clutches, oil consumption & although in top nick and well serviced, this car with a clean bill of health & only 2/3rds the mileage was a better option.
We also attended a Car Auction yesterday & the things we saw there would spin anyone out; there is presently no rhyme nor reason to current prices being paid for cars.
My suggestion (as a retired tyre kicker) would be to sit on or about your price if the car is as Dave has described it but don't do as many do & expect it to sell in the first five minutes. If THE buyer isn't there at present it won't sell for any price & when they are, it will sell for any price; it's as simple as that.
As far as the assumption that "these cars" have no resale value, think about this; a Daewoo in going order, straight body & good colour made only $750 at Auction. A Hyundai Sonata (V6) reasonably straigh, paint a bit off but not all that bad for what it was made $600 and a Hyundai Excel that looked as though a steam roller had run over it made $1250 whilst we had to go to $900 to get a BX 16V that had been burnt out & was a "Statutory write off." Where's tha value comparison in that??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Alan S cheers!

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

This car sold, for the price I asked, nine days after I put the ad on Aussiefrogs, to the first person who had a look. It was the only place I advertised - just goes to show that an excellent car WILL SELL.

John

All being well Dave, yes. And I can finally drop off the fuel filler neck to you, eh??

John

Isn't it frustrating when a good car doesn't sell. With 306's or 405's it's sometimes very easy to sell the average cars and the good ones sit around (I do this for a living), because of colour. No matter how good some white cars may be it can be real hard. Same sort of mentality will encourage people to buy an average car with sunroof and or leather, and the perfect plain jane cloth car will sit and sit.

Warwick2:
Isn't it frustrating when a good car doesn't sell. With 306's or 405's it's sometimes very easy to sell the average cars and the good ones sit around (I do this for a living), because of colour. No matter how good some white cars may be it can be real hard. .
In my opinion, white cars are MUCH better to have than metallic cars, because atleast you can polish scrathes out and match the paint up easily. For this reason they tend to age alot better, whereas alot of metallic cars get tatty at an early age due to deteriorated clear coat and mismatched repairs.

Basic cars with minimal options weather the test of time better too, because you don't have so many niggling little problems.

Dave

peujohn:
Thanks for the feedback everyone...

This car sold, for the price I asked, nine days after I put the ad on Aussiefrogs, to the first person who had a look. It was the only place I advertised - just goes to show that an excellent car WILL SELL.

John
Ha see.....told you so!! cheers! cheers!

oh and also.... moon

Cal.

you guys know alot about cars it would seem!? maybe you cna help me hook up a really tight 205, or a tight mi16?Im looking for something reasonably priced and fast. doesnt have to look good, just mechanically sound and faaaaast!! ^_^ Pleaaaase ^O^!! Help someone with no clue. i think I will scrap my 205, see if I can get 1.5k for it?! then try and get a better one. purdypurdy pleeez