1980 CX Anti-Pollution Question

doggiedog

Fellow Frogger
Hi Guys,
In My Quest to get my 1980 cx 2400 on the road, I have come to the
part that I know I was going to have to address sooner or later, that is of the anti-pollution gear.
I have read in a manual that I downloaded, that the CX had anti-pollution gear fitted for different markets, one being Australia, but am unable to determine what was actually fitted.
Because I will be needing a roadworthy soon for registration, I will need to address this situation.
Does anybody know what anti pollution gear should be fitted, I guess a charcoal cannister would be mandatory, but I read that some markets have the dreaded air pump fitted.
I dont think my vehicle has much fitted, only some disconnected vacuum hoses.
I guess it will also be a matter of how "critical" the roadworthy tester guy is.

Terry

Careful you don't give yourself ulcers for practice.
These were around back in the days where they had air pumps and all kinds of weird shit.
I've owned a few and I couldn't even tell you what they were supposed to have.
I've had to re-register a couple and have RWCs and I have never had a question asked of what was needed.
Rip it off, weld up the blank ends walk in and act totally ignorant of the issue (case of ask no questions & be told no lies) and I'd say the tester will not even ask. If he does, take the piss out of him like you know what you're talking about and he doesn't!! :roflmao: and I'd reckon to save face he'll say no more.

Alan S :2cents: