1978 CX 2400 Carburetor model rough idle

Cithead

Tadpole
Tadpole
Good day everyone.
I tried running my CX last week and today.
She’s got a very rough idle and after warming up wants to stall.
Lots of gas smell and very little power (in fact she has such little power than she can’t go up garage ramp confidently).
She’s either not running on all 4 cylinders
Or something with the carb?
Anyone else have issues with this?
Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_9005.mov
    5.7 MB
It could be.
But we are wondering about the other line spewing out fuel as well. Do you have any info about it?

How old is the fuel? If it's old enough, the car will be hard to start, run like sh#t, blow black smoke and smell like raw fuel.
If the petrol is over a couple of months old it will be on its way out.
Take the fuel cap off and take a whiff, if it smells like turps in there, then there's your problem.

How old is the fuel? If it's old enough, the car will be hard to start, run like sh#t, blow black smoke and smell like raw fuel.
If the petrol is over a couple of months old it will be on its way out.
Take the fuel cap off and take a whiff, if it smells like turps in there, then there's your problem.
I filled her up with fresh petrol about 3 weeks ago.

I filled her up with fresh petrol about 3 weeks ago.
Was it empty when you filled it?
If you added fresh fuel to stale it goes off pretty quick.
Otherwise lightly tap the carby's float chamber cover where the fuel line enters it with a small hammer or a decent sized spanner, (preferably while the engine is running, if possible). That should dislodge a sticking needle and seat, (if that's the problem).

that looks like a fuel return. It will be to prevent vapour lock most likely. it looks like flow fuel with a stuck needle and seat?

Good day everyone.
I tried running my CX last week and today.
She’s got a very rough idle and after warming up wants to stall.
Lots of gas smell and very little power (in fact she has such little power than she can’t go up garage ramp confidently).
She’s either not running on all 4 cylinders
Or something with the carb?
Anyone else have issues with this?
Please help.
Check also that the main jet isn't loose in the float chamber. I've been there. So rich and wouldn't pull.