1966 Aus. ID19

Oh ... if I can find cheap flanges ... Yes! The other positive of Vbands is you can clock them :)
Once you've lined them up (when building the exhaust) the flanges go back together the same way every time.
Depending on his mood the local custom exhaust fitter charges between $5 and $8 per flange.

Interesting, that has never been my experiance. You often break the flexible pipe as its impossible to remove. You completely destroy the connections getting them apart (after spending hours chiseling the slots open etc ...). I find it easier just to cut/re-weld it.
I’ve had a couple of flex sections on mine in the last year and was able to separate the original muffler and tailpipe with a bit of heat after 25 years resting.

That looks really nicely done! How does it go with a single pipe when the cars is sitting on its belly? it doesn't touch the ground or risk getting caught on anything ? I had assumed the idea of twin rear pipes was for ground clearance.
No, it clears.

This is good stuff. I picked up a few lengths of stainless 1 3/4" pipe yesterday. So I'll make up an exhaust system for all the cars here at some point (the shitbox range rover I'll probably run twin 1 3/4" exhaust on rather than the single 2.5" pipe). The CX turbo uses twin 1 3/4" pipes as a factory exhaust .... and the DS's I'll duplicate as you have done. I'll use a stainless braid for the flex section though. I don't like that flexible exhaust section they use on DS's :)

This is good stuff. I picked up a few lengths of stainless 1 3/4" pipe yesterday. So I'll make up an exhaust system for all the cars here at some point (the shitbox range rover I'll probably run twin 1 3/4" exhaust on rather than the single 2.5" pipe). The CX turbo uses twin 1 3/4" pipes as a factory exhaust .... and the DS's I'll duplicate as you have done. I'll use a stainless braid for the flex section though. I don't like that flexible exhaust section they use on DS's :)
Got your own pipe bender? My system is still in one piece after the 4,500 km run to Cit-In and back. The wheel alignment however suffered on the bad roads.

Got your own pipe bender? My system is still in one piece after the 4,500 km run to Cit-In and back. The wheel alignment however suffered on the bad roads.

I'll just do a couple of pie cuts, there isn't many bends in a DS exhaust.

images

something like this. I'm think way less work if you make the bends longer with few higher angled slices. We'll see if the work involved outweighs me being tightarse and not wanting to buy bends :clown:

I'll just do a couple of pie cuts, there isn't many bends in a DS exhaust.

images

something like this. I'm think way less work if you make the bends longer with few higher angled slices. We'll see if the work involved outweighs me being tightarse and not wanting to buy bends :clown:

They're not real expensive. I usually buy my stainless bends here. He combines post and they've always arrived within a few days.
If you want to make your welding even easier buy 1 7/8" bends (he sells those too), the 1 3/4" pipe is a perfect fit inside them.🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20230417-140500_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230417-140943_eBay.jpg

Mainly approx. 15 and 30 degrees bends for a D.

That works out good then, you would easily get both a 30 and a 15 out of one 90 degree bend and have enough left for one or two more.