1948 203 for Sale (sunroof) - Sydney

that was the last 203 i got to drive, in Drummond about 20 years ago - the tyres on it are probably still the brazilian Pirellis i had bought for mine in the mid eighties ... yeah it's an honest, original example.

1138361 and 36124.jpg
'honest, original' obviously should be past tense; - it had been in house paint for quite a while but was substantially correct otherwise ( still a 203 motor if not it's original ). I note the steering wheel had gone as it went via Daylesford (?) to Wodonga ...
12239476_10153818194396340_1488381348225038973_n.jpg
s-l800.jpg

Last edited:
that was the last 203 i got to drive, in Drummond about 20 years ago - the tyres on it are probably still the brazilian Pirellis i had bought for mine in the mid eighties ... yeah it's an honest, original example.
Wow, good to see she is still alive and kicking! How was she structurally, any issues or repairs? Also, did you provide the spare motor, is it a 403 or 203?

View attachment 140073'honest, original' obviously should be past tense; - it had been in house paint for quite a while but was substantially correct otherwise ( still a 203 motor if not it's original ). I note the steering wheel had gone as it went via Daylesford (?) to

View attachment 140073'honest, original' obviously should be past tense; - it had been in house paint for quite a while but was substantially correct otherwise ( still a 203 motor if not it's original ). I note the steering wheel had gone as it went via Daylesford (?) to Wodonga ...View attachment 140071View attachment 140072
Beauty!

The Wodonga photos show a 403 head at least, which is not how I knew it. The young fellow who cleaned out Drummond, where I had left mine and a considerable hoard, probably went no further than seeing how much was involved in fitting a Windsor before flipping the lot on Facebook, where Double Chevron brought it to my attention … as ever I was in no position to do anything.
Goodness only knows exactly how it got to the twin cities; but I spoke to that vendor, too, and it had been acquired from near Ballarat … may be the Vagg’s know more about the 403 bits on it now …

Last edited:
View attachment 140073'honest, original' obviously should be past tense; - it had been in house paint for quite a while but was substantially correct otherwise ( still a 203 motor if not it's original ). I note the steering wheel had gone as it went via Daylesford (?) to

View attachment 140073'honest, original' obviously should be past tense; - it had been in house paint for quite a while but was substantially correct otherwise ( still a 203 motor if not it's original ). I note the steering wheel had gone as it went via Daylesford (?) to Wodonga ...View attachment 140071View attachment 140072
Beauty
The Wodonga photos show a 403 head at least, which is not how I knew it. The young fellow who cleaned out Drummond, where I had left mine and a considerable hoard, probably went no further than seeing how much was involved in fitting a Windsor before flipping the lot on Facebook, where Double Chevron brought it to my attention … as ever I was in no position to do anything.
Goodness only knows exactly how it got to the twin cities; but I spoke to that vendor, too, and it had been acquired from near Ballarat … may be the Vagg’s know more about the 403 bits on it now …

Interesting stuff. Maybe the spare engine on offer is the original 203 one 🤨

I pray a hot rodder doesn't get their hands on it! 😫 Rather, someone willing to appreciate the originality, and engineering brilliance of Peugeot. Hence why I am sharing the post. If I had the room I would take it.

It was an almost daily driver between Kyneton & Bendigo for at least the decade ending ‘95, and was only recently retired when I had that last drive twenty-odd years ago. No structural issues or repair AFAIK.

It was an almost daily driver between Kyneton & Bendigo for at least the decade ending ‘95, and was only recently retired when I had that last drive twenty-odd years ago. No structural issues or repair AFAIK.
Wow, what a life it's had! 1948 - 1995 as a daily driver, without structural issues. A testament to the longevity of the 203!

What's the story with the absence of the rear lights? Also, no blinkers .... were trafficators working, or ye olde hand signals (gestures)? 😆

Advertising 203s here is usually done in a fog of perfect ignorance on both sides of the deal, and it would seem 'the older the better'.

A recent sale by a dealer called "Presley's" asserted:

" ... 1948 Peugeot 203 SLOPE Saloon
* SUPER RARE SLOPEBACK 40s MODEL
* Australian delivered with its AUSSIE MOTOR DEALER Plate in place
* FRENCH BUILT , Factory Right hand Drive for the Australian market.
* PLEASE NOTE THESE SLOPEBACK MODELS WERE A LIMITED 1 YEAR PRODUCTION RUN and are a different shape to the standard 203 sedan.
* The rear small Opera windscreen and overall design was based on the USA OLDSMOBILE of its era
* FACTORY Steel Moon Roof (sunroof) ..."

- for #1130690, IIRC

However - there are not many older 203s in Australia ...

Last edited: