1939 Traction in NZ

robo said:
Think he's dreaming about the price !

Possibly,

You'd probabably pay 12-15,000 for an unrestored 9seater. It'll owe you a hell of a lot more his asking price before you get it to the standard of that car :confused: :confused:

Shouldn't it have a 6cylinder motor (that's the only bit that would put me off). I think it's been converted from it's 6cylinder to an ID motor/box.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
Possibly,

You'd probabably pay 12-15,000 for an unrestored 9seater. It'll owe you a hell of a lot more his asking price before you get it to the standard of that car :confused: :confused:

Shouldn't it have a 6cylinder motor (that's the only bit that would put me off). I think it's been converted from it's 6cylinder to an ID motor/box.

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi Shane,

The Familiale was always a four, not a Six - this was one of a batch of only about 15 made specifically for Australia in 1954 - AFAIK they were the last RHD Familiales produced. It has been converted to an ID motor and gearbox - but from what I hear (I have only seen the exterior briefly) it is a good conversion (done my Mel Carey I think??).

These guys had a Big 6 Sedan that had also been converted to an ID motor, as well as a Light 15, but they have been sold.

Paul

family nine

Paul Smith said:
Hi Shane,

The Familiale was always a four, not a Six - this was one of a batch of only about 15 made specifically for Australia in 1954 - AFAIK they were the last RHD Familiales produced. It has been converted to an ID motor and gearbox - but from what I hear (I have only seen the exterior briefly) it is a good conversion (done my Mel Carey I think??).

These guys had a Big 6 Sedan that had also been converted to an ID motor, as well as a Light 15, but they have been sold.

Paul
I seem to recall that the three cars were advertised in Unique Cars quite some time ago for $110,000.

I have been told that the familiale cost more than twice the asking price to restore, I was very surprised at the time.

There was a fully restored familiale sold in Melbourne last year that was advertised for $35k, so maybe the price is realistic for a rare traction.

petermelb said:
I have been told that the familiale cost more than twice the asking price to restore, I was very surprised at the time.

There was a fully restored familiale sold in Melbourne last year that was advertised for $35k, so maybe the price is realistic for a rare traction.

Peter,
$80k to restore a family 9! How do I get this work?
regards
roger

lhs2 said:
Me too, Brian
Do you reckon that there are any classic Citroens left in NZ? Both my DSs were NZ cars.
roger
There would'nt be a little bit of double standards here would there? :nownow: After the bollocking we got for exporting an Aussie ID to the UK :confused: :confused: :confused:
cheers
Helmut and Witchy Pat

and the winner is.....

happy to say a gent near me has bought the pre war Citroen and I'm sure I can persuade him to join the local club and display his car....
......aaaghhh beware..dank moor alert!! Hi witchy Pat....Can't blame us for wanting to keep all the citroens we can esp. Aussie built ones...it's true though that if we cannot get a local to buy it then there is always a chance it will be exported and then we can only blame ourselves....I'd just like to see more people putting their hand up to keep them here..as for the NZ prewar...I think it's a shame it didn't stay in NZ...the price was more than fair but no one in NZ put up their hand to keep such a rare car there!!!!
more apathy...so NZ's loss is Australia's gain....can't wait to go for a ride!!!!
Cheers

Witch Pat, you seem a little confused, while aussies make all sort of protest noises when an unwanted car is taken out of the country, they are always happy to see a car land on these hallowed shores, no double standards there at all ........ :roflmao: :blackeye: :joker:

petermelb said:
Witch Pat, you seem a little confused, while aussies make all sort of protest noises when an unwanted car is taken out of the country, they are always happy to see a car land on these hallowed shores, no double standards there at all ........ :roflmao: :blackeye: :joker:
No, none at all :headbang:
And of course Australias loss is Scotlands gain :joker: :joker: :joker:
cheers
Pat

dogboy said:
now what can we export from scotland??????? :confused: haggis :joker:
och I think I see a Loch ness monster :cancan: :blackeye: :D
Well I can think of 101 lovely malt whiskeys, one of which I am presently tippling :cheers:
As well as blue hide for Buttercups seats :joker:
Lovely salt in winter to destroy any car that is stupid enough to go out in it :cry:
And a bagpipe to wail you home after sampling too many of the malts :adrink:
Cheers
Witchy Pat

Hmmmm ..save a wee dram for me please!! :)
Despite the cold (still can't work out why a scotsman wears nothing under his kilt!) I'd love to visit (being a Murray)...my great Grandparents or was it Great uncle owned the McLoughlan?? box works in Catrine...I still have some samples of their wares....
Hoots man :cheers:

helmut said:
Well I can think of 101 lovely malt whiskeys, one of which I am presently tippling :cheers:
As well as blue hide for Buttercups seats :joker:
Lovely salt in winter to destroy any car that is stupid enough to go out in it :cry:
And a bagpipe to wail you home after sampling too many of the malts :adrink:
Cheers
Witchy Pat