Fellow Frogger
Untitled.png
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-237.jpg
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-217.jpg
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-157.jpg
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-146.jpg
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-123.jpg
1934-renault-yn4-cabriolet-114.jpg

Yep it'd be a 4 cylinder and they did well to fit in four seats (or 6 if your petite enough). These cars have quite a short wheel base compared to the 6 and 8 cylinder cars.

Yep it'd be a 4 cylinder and they did well to fit in four seats (or 6 if your petite enough). These cars have quite a short wheel base compared to the 6 and 8 cylinder cars.
I wonder if the Monasix was the same chassis. That was a 1-litre six if I recall.

According to Wicki the Monaquatre and the Monasix wheelbase is identical at 2650mm. The Six cylinder engine seems to be 1476 cc
Ah, a 1500 cc. I probably knew that once... Here's one in Gay Paris a few years ago. Shows the start of radiator shifting to the front but elements of alligator bonnet.

Attachments

• Renault Monasix sml.jpg
    Renault Monasix sml.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I saw the 4 and 6 cylinder wheelbases were stated as being the same on Wikipedia as well (at 104 point odd inches), but then this Classic and Sports Car article puts the 4 cylinder wheelbase at 96 inches. Who knows.🤷‍♂️

20240219_202312.jpg

According to my books, the front radiator and the small 6 first happened in 1930. So, no earlier than that. But I don't know the exact year. It would have been pretty smooth for the time and about then they adopted security glass too.
I saw the 4 and 6 cylinder wheelbases were stated as being the same on Wikipedia as well (at 104 point odd inches), but then this Classic and Sports Car article puts the 4 cylinder wheelbase at 96 inches. Who knows.🤷‍♂️

View attachment 237055
Surely not a two-bearing 6-cylinder? This would be a four I think. Antiquated running gear is certainly fair even if they gave it a middle engine bearing. I think the bigger cars with dynostarts were all 12V, so this thing presumably had a generator and a starter motor.

That'd be synchro on 2nd and 3rd only too, I'd say.

According to my books, the front radiator and the small 6 first happened in 1930. So, no earlier than that. But I don't know the exact year. It would have been pretty smooth for the time and about then they adopted security glass too.

Surely not a two-bearing 6-cylinder? This would be a four I think. Antiquated running gear is certainly fair even if they gave it a middle engine bearing. I think the bigger cars with dynostarts were all 12V, so this thing presumably had a generator and a starter motor.

That'd be synchro on 2nd and 3rd only too, I'd say.
Yes the article was on the Monaquatre.
It says it's a sidevalve 4 cylinder in the brief specs.