16V Silver alloy wheels

sleepy0905

Tadpole
Right well first thing is i am testing the water but i am after a pair of 16V alloy wheels in silver but does anyone know how much it would be to ship the bear rims to the uk. :confused:

Let me get this right .... You want to import wheels from Australia where there was only 100 BX16valves sold (ie: finding wheels would be near impossible), back to the UK where there is thousands of BX's :confused:

If you want to post something that size think LOTS of $$$$$. The UK postage costs are horendously expensive for anything and everything I've ever tried to post.

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane's right! Here's an idea for you. The 16v has very dark grey wheels which are marked 6J. Some slightly lesser models have silver wheels marked 5½J, which are exactly the same style, (I can hardly tell the difference) they are just that little bit narrower. They shouldn't be too difficult to find here in England. john s

Thanks for your advice its just i have been posting on the cit forums in uk with no luck but I must have the 5.5J as mine dont have the flares its only a 1.9TGD I am really struggling to find a pair but I will have to keep trying, I did not realise how rare the BX is in australia but thanks for your advice:(

sleepy0905 said:
yes I am a member of the bxclub but still no alloys :cry: someone must be collecting them somewhere.:(

Doh!! of course you are; I'd had a big day when I posted that.
Have you tried asking Jon Wood? He's wrecking at least one car at present and Dave B has done a couple over too. Series one BX16Vs have silver alloys, but series two, the ones we get out here are the "anthracite" colour and I have heard that there's a slight difference in sizes between the two whilst others reckon they're the same.
At a pinch, have you thought about trying the cannibals on the 205 forum? They've possibly destroyed more 16Vs than the rest of BX owners put together. :cry: :mallet: :mallet:

Alan S

Hi all. there are two types of alloy rims for BX's. Actually there are three but the third type was only available in France. Anyhow, Alloy's were an option on most BX models in England and if specified were always 5.5", as fitted to everything up to and including BX GTI's. The 5.5" alloys were always silver. Only the 16V had 6" rims and were either silver or metalic, er, grey ish. (Meteor grey is the closest match I've found). They were madde by speedline and the 6J's were SL311's.
If you want a set in England try Keith Davis at Parsonage Garage in Chester. He has a fair stash of them. Tel: 01244620399.
Personally I dont like the 5.5J wheels and all of my BX's are shod with 6J's running UNIROYAL RALLYE 540 and 550 tyres. Great in the wet!!!!

By the way. 5.5J's run ok on 185/60 tyres and while a 6J will take a 185 profile tyre it should have 195/60's, if your rear radius arm bearings aren't in good condition the tyres will eat through the inner wheel arch.