145SR15 tyres

pba

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
I have a GSA and Renault 10, both on 145SR15 Michelins. I need 3 tyres, but am unable to locate any. Michelin are the only (tyre retailer) listed manufacturer, but a Google search came up with a Firestone from a European online outlet.
Is anybody interested in getting a bulk order together? One retailer I spoke to suggested a minimum order would be about 50.

Gents

The Asian manufacturer Nankang makes 145R15 tyres in Taiwan to international DOT standards. We sell em in the shaky isles for Citroen users via our retail dealers(since Michelin pulled the plug).
I believe the Victorian importer for Nankang is State Tyres. Try Yellow Pages for their address.
We have to order a minimum of 20 tyres to get supply, so if you can accumulate say a 20 tyre quantity from fellow froggers, put the proposition to State Tyres. They would have to sell thru a retail dealer(I presume).
We move big volumes of Nankang product in NZ, from 17/18" performance tyres, to 4WD tyres,to light commercial tyres, to bias ply(cross ply) for older classics, to agricultural use tyres.
Cheers
Don :)

135 by 15 Zx Michelins are available at present. They were on display at French car day in Melbourne. Quick Fit Tyres brought them along.

Graham Wallis

Vredestein 145s are available at present through Antique Tyres in Sydney and some other mob has a shipment of 145 something or others just arrived in Adelaide. (Can't remember brand sorry)

Hi Craig,

The Vredesteins are actually 155s - some people think they are too big :rolleyes: . The other brand is Kleber, 145s, which are available in Sydney at least, from CCs in Penrith, but possibly other places.

Paul