Purchasing C4 VTS

Hitman

Tadpole
Hey guys,
Came across here after lurking on C4 Owners for the past month or so, thought I'd say hi and hopefully get some information and assistance.
So I'm currently looking at getting into my first Frenchie and I'm set on a C4 VTS. As much as all my mechanic mates say don't get a French car, I'm still doing it. Incidentally none of them have ever owned French cars and the same guys told me not to buy a Skoda as well which has been an awesome car!
What I'm wondering and hoping you guys could maybe assist a little, is should I be going for latest model possible or least amount of kms?
There are a few around and some later models have more kms than the early 2005 models.
I'm actually pretty keen on an 05 as its only got 46000 kms and looks very clean, single older owner, RWC and full service history.
Is there anything I need to look out for mechanically besides xenon lights playing up and the usual oil leaks etc?
I've got no issues getting the hands dirty as I've come from cars that need the occasional assistance (my GTR was the worst for this).
Cheers

Condition is most important, age secondary as they are all pretty much the same car regardless of age. There can be significant differences between the build and compliance date, particularly with anything after 2007, so check the build sticker and/or plate, which I recall will be in the boot of a C4. HID headlamp globes are expensive when they fail. You need to have an insurance policy that covers a glass roof as they cost thousands to replace. Weak areas like the original plastic water pump would usually have been dealt with by now and, if dealt with properly, should have involved the timing belt etc.. Cooling systems can leak in a number areas, so look carefully. With a very low km car, some of these problems may have been delayed for your ownership!

From memory the EW10J4S motor is in Pug 206 GTi 180s, and possibly hot 307 versions also, so comments on those cars will apply.

Just don't ask Double Chevron about the "sport" suspension! He wants all cars to float.

Just st purchased an 05 vts at Christmas with 200+ on the clock. It drives like a dream and is excellent. You need to get a car that's well maintained as all the work will have been done. A low km car is not always better and will usually cost u more $ The only thing i needed to get for a rwc was a right hand tie rod and for $4k on total I have an excellent car with 12 months rego.