0001 206 gti

routley43

Fellow Frogger
:moon: Any thing I should note re purchase of the above model.The car has done 40000 klm ,according to log books ,regularly serviced.Car seems to be in good mechanical order & the body work is excellent $26500 (dealer)
Does the price seem OK for this model,what are the weaknesses if any?
:confused: Thanks

routley43 said:
:moon: Any thing I should note re purchase of the above model.The car has done 40000 klm ,according to log books ,regularly serviced.Car seems to be in good mechanical order & the body work is excellent $26500 (dealer)
Does the price seem OK for this model,what are the weaknesses if any?
:confused: Thanks

It seems to have extremly low kms for the car 2000years old. ;)

the common faults seem to have been discussed in some detail before, since I never owed a 206 its not 1st hand. They do have some weird problems where some members had the car stall on them, and the fault mysteriously moving on. The electrics are your main point of concern. Make sure EVERYTHING works. cruise, radio, fan etc. All of the electrics at the same time... push it.

check for road abuse. Even though it s different class to a 306GTi and the 205GTi the 206 might have still copped some "spirited driving".

good luck with the purchase.

40K is the first major service so make sure it's done. 99-01 206's were pre-mux and so have had fewer electrical probs than the later generation muxed cars.

A few have had problems with the exhaust manifold (i know of quite a few which were changed under warranty) - listen for hissing / tapping noise under acceleration. also make sure the seat rails are working properly and slide, tilt, and lock properly.

otherwise it's a lovely car to drive. congrats if you decide to buy.