e-Megane

I know for a fact that there has been more imagination, particularly of a technical ilk, gone into this Renault than countless others before it. The fact that it is all electric, FWD, has a 470km range, is styled to compete with it's contemporaries and is a bigger vehicle with more room than the Zoe means, I'm sure, that it will be a commercial success.

https://www.autodaily.com.au/2022-renault-megane-e-tech-electric-detailed-from-munich/

On a positive note, Haakon, what would be your current choice of vehicle that is not an unimaginative SUV pos? Top 5 maybe?
Currently in production? Model 3 obviously, BRZ/86 i reckon, Alpine 110, Alfa Guilia (damn shame there is no wagon version...). I dunno, lots and lots of cool stuff out there. Some of the things coming out of China are pretty damn compelling too.

After the Giulietta, the next daily will very likely be a Tesla.

Currently in production? Model 3 obviously, BRZ/86 i reckon, Alpine 110, Alfa Guilia (damn shame there is no wagon version...). I dunno, lots and lots of cool stuff out there. Some of the things coming out of China are pretty damn compelling too.

After the Giulietta, the next daily will very likely be a Tesla.

Haakon, you make us laugh! You complain about current SUV's having no room for people or cargo and when asked what your next purchase would likely be you cough up this lot: Model 3 obviously, BRZ/86 i reckon, Alpine 110, Alfa Guilia. None of which are hugely spacious and none of which have any room for cargo of any significance however it is now obvious to everyone that your bias against SUV's is purely psychological. (Together, let me suggest, with an apparent lack of understanding of things like C of G and roll centres.)

Haakon, you make us laugh! You complain about current SUV's having no room for people or cargo and when asked what your next purchase would likely be you cough up this lot: Model 3 obviously, BRZ/86 i reckon, Alpine 110, Alfa Guilia. None of which are hugely spacious and none of which have any room for cargo of any significance however it is now obvious to everyone that your bias against SUV's is purely psychological. (Together, let me suggest, with an apparent lack of understanding of things like C of G and roll centres.)
lol, that wasnt the question ;) People carrying? Ok. The Human Horizons Hiphi X is pretty cool.

HiPhi_2.jpg

But more mundane stuff like the Galaxy and Sharan are very worthy if you failed Contraception 101 and need more seats... The C4 Picasso is still good too.

Last edited:
I'm guessing every EV is going to have the same good C of G - pretty much regardless of brand, since all dedicated designs are getting the weighty battery packs in the floor. Renault claim a lower centre of gravity - 90mm less than the combustion-powered Megane hatchback- which should make for nice driving - especially with the immediate torque of the electric motor.

I do wonder what these EV's are like on tyres - but I guess 1624kg for the Mégane E-Tech isn't tooooo bad as far as weight goes.

It has a shorter wheelbase than our 308 Touring so space inside won't be huge - but still should be big enough for the family.

I'll take one for a test drive when they come out !

Cheers

Justin

Get over it - I want to see what vehicle you drive when your joints don't function well.........
A Scenic fits that bill quite nicely without the dumb styling, useless packaging and overweight sloppy handling ;)

Haakon, you are full of it! The image at the top is just "Another unimaginative SUV pos... Sigh." Whereas the lower image is not!
Renault-Megan-E-Tech-Munich-motor-show-1.jpg
img301.jpg

If we have to explain it to you it would appear that you really are a lost cause. A casual observer might suspect that you really hate French electric SUV's but definitely don't hate almost identically styled Chinese ones....................

If we have to explain it to you it would appear that you really are a lost cause. A casual observer might suspect that you really hate French electric SUV's but definitely don't hate almost identically styled Chinese ones....................

You may need to check in with your optometrist ;)

I humbly suggest that Haakon (I know him and he is a nice fellow) will buy the one
that no one wants after a couple of years of disappointing use.
i.e. he will buy examples that have nosedived in value.

Sadly Teslas are holding their value insanely well... I keep having to put back when i reckon i can afford one! Not much else appeals these days - maybe ive finally gone mainstream!

Sadly Teslas are holding their value insanely well... I keep having to put back when i reckon i can afford one! Not much else appeals these days - maybe ive finally gone mainstream!
Holding grossly exaggerated values I'd say. Marketing is such an important business.....

You know what, start with the SUV like cars, and get them all into the wrecking yards so we can start having access to some nice motors. :D

Holding grossly exaggerated values I'd say. Marketing is such an important business.....

I dunno, theyre not cheap to make and I dont think the margins on them are any more than the rest of the industry. And all the funds are being plowed back into R&D and moving the game forward pretty quickly - I think the asking prices are justified, and the fact they cant make enough suggests the market agrees.

You may need to check in with your optometrist ;)
I don't need an optometrist to note that the styling of the two vehicles in the images I posted is extremely similar, without mentioning the fact that you posted an image of a Hiphi X stating that you thought that it, an SUV, "pretty cool" having previously spent your whole life on A/F decrying "unimaginative SUV pos."

P.S: The Hiphi X is as wide and long as a current Nissan Patrol.