e-Megane

Currently in production? Model 3 obviously, BRZ/86 i reckon, Alpine 110, Alfa Guilia (damn shame there is no wagon version...). I dunno, lots and lots of cool stuff out there. Some of the things coming out of China are pretty damn compelling too.

After the Giulietta, the next daily will very likely be a Tesla.
Hmmm. Frankly, I expected something a little more enlightening than a selection of sports cars which may appeal visually, but are rejected on practical terms by the majority of the population. None of them would suit my needs in the way the Koleos does, except as a fun to drive Sunday car, but I already have one of those anyway.
However, your choice is yours and not for me to criticize.

Hmmm. Frankly, I expected something a little more enlightening than a selection of sports cars which may appeal visually, but are rejected on practical terms by the majority of the population. None of them would suit my needs in the way the Koleos does, except as a fun to drive Sunday car, but I already have one of those anyway.
However, your choice is yours and not for me to criticize.
You asked for interesting and imaginative… For more practical things, the choices in current production are more limited by the mindless trend of SUVs sadly. But there are still a few decent station wagons and MPVs still floating around, even if only in other markets.
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t need excessive weight and ride height to be spacious and versatile.

There is such a lot of personal and financial considerations and yes also the choices/needs of the other significant person in your life. All very valid as one takes a step towards a newer vehicle ownership experience.

What you want and what you actually get may reflect those deep pocket considerations one has to make at various stages of life. There are many vehicles I have considered over the years that I would like to own but practicalities, budget, familial considerations intervene, sometimes you can be swayed by the opinions and personal experience of those around you.

I look back at some of the reasons I relied upon when choosing to buy certain vehicles and I can see clearly why I bought one that was not very exciting, perhaps run of the mill, but suited me for the time I had it. Each has its own peculiarities and a host of memories, stories to relate around the barbecue or family gathering. There are still those that I didn't buy, I liked the appearance and design but reliability overall seems to let them down.

So I very much respect those that hanker after an ideal for them, or those that have made choices. Including those who are willing to acknowledge a certain aspect of that vehicle didn't produce what was needed at the time. ;) Those personal choices and the stories around them are part of the folk lore to be explored by car enthusiasts in their quest for personal opinion, ideas etc. as in this thread.

I respect those that are game to express those experiences or desires, knowing of course that most of us will make our own choices for our own reasons, thanks for sharing. :)

Ken