A very desirable collection.

Hi Peter ,

It involves fabricating a mounting bracket for the GB , machining the casing to take half shafts , and adapting the gear linkage which comes out of the top of the box ( so selector oil leaks !) . . . .I have asked one of the guys to send me a couple of pics which will better illustrate what has been done , will be in touch shortly I hope ,

Regards, Carvel

Oops . . should read "So NO selector oil leaks " . . . sorry

Hi Peter ,

It involves fabricating a mounting bracket for the GB , machining the casing to take half shafts , and adapting the gear linkage which comes out of the top of the box ( so selector oil leaks !) . . . .I have asked one of the guys to send me a couple of pics which will better illustrate what has been done , will be in touch shortly I hope ,

Regards, Carvel

Many thanks & I shall await events with considerable interest. It's probably of more general interest but should it be considered more eccentrically particular to me, then please PM me & we can move the conversation to regular email.

cheers! Peter

I too would have an interest in this 5 speed adaptable to R8/10 swing axle suspension.
A dedicated thread could be started regarding this so as to make the information easier to find in the future. An approximate price would also be of great interest.

Many years ago a Dauphine G owner in Brisbane fitted an R16TX 5 speed (to go with the 16 TS motor) with appropriate suspension design mods to have upper and lower wishbones with driveshafts.

i only see one thing wrong with this collection, and that is that i don't own it.

I too would be interested in tis type of conversion info !
Manic GT

I too would have an interest in this 5 speed adaptable to R8/10 swing axle suspension.
A dedicated thread could be started regarding this so as to make the information easier to find in the future. An approximate price would also be of great interest.

Many years ago a Dauphine G owner in Brisbane fitted an R16TX 5 speed (to go with the 16 TS motor) with appropriate suspension design mods to have upper and lower wishbones with driveshafts.

Haven't able to get across there this past week , although I do need to pay them a visit for other stuff . Have asked for some pics of the gearbox conversion in the meantime which I hope to get next week when the guys are back . I have seen it but it is a while back , so a recent pic would possibly be better than my trying to describe it further !

Hope you are all having a safe and blessed Easter weekend , Carvel

Seeing the white R10 in this thread , which sports an R5A/G motor with side drafts and branch , reminded me that someone had asked me for a pic of the 1565cc motor in my one G also based on the R5A/G , to which I had fitted the Mecaparts Gordini lookalike tappet cover .
It was a bit rough when received , but responded nicely to some bead blasting , so if anyone is contemplating the same route , this is what it looks like , with a 1296cc 812 G motor next to it for comparison . . .

Regards, Carvel

113345d1555866703-very-desirable-collection-capture-2.jpg

Capture 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a bit taller, with a recess to clear distributor. Otherwise it's very G like. Nice!

Cheers, Henry

Morning All . . . maybe because I am very fond of the "G" 812 motor . . but I do prefer this creation by Mecaparts to the original angled R5A/G tappet cover and at a casual glance it can be taken for a "G" .

The only really noticeable detail difference apart from the distributor recess you have mentioned , is that it is secured by three bolts - only one in place in this pic but you can see the holes - and the breather take-offs are just that . . . . unlike the 812 motor where they are part of the securing arrangement . . .

Enjoy your day , hopefully doing "Petite Bleu" type things :) , Carvel

Haven't able to get across there this past week , although I do need to pay them a visit for other stuff . Have asked for some pics of the gearbox conversion in the meantime which I hope to get next week when the guys are back . I have seen it but it is a while back , so a recent pic would possibly be better than my trying to describe it further !

Hope you are all having a safe and blessed Easter weekend , Carvel

Right , I have some more info on the R5 box conversion , but can one of you clever people explain to me how to insert an image into the post , rather than putting it into and attachment ?

Thanks , Carvel

Inserting an Image

Right , I have some more info on the R5 box conversion , but can one of you clever people explain to me how to insert an image into the post , rather than putting it into and attachment ?

Thanks , Carvel

Hope you can follow my instructions, I assume you will be starting a new thread

#1 Click on new thread

#2 In the 2nd line of icons

#3 4th box along

#4 4th icon in that box

#5 Click that icon (as you hover over it it will have insert image)

Hope this helps

Hope you can follow my instructions, I assume you will be starting a new thread

#1 Click on new thread

#2 In the 2nd line of icons

#3 4th box along

#4 4th icon in that box

#5 Click that icon (as you hover over it it will have insert image)

Hope this helps

Morning Col . . . .I thought that is what I tried , but it inserts it as a file , which you then have to click on to open . . . what I am wanting to do is display the picture in the text without having to click on it to open it . . .

Regards, Carvel

Morning Col . . . .I thought that is what I tried , but it inserts it as a file , which you then have to click on to open . . . what I am wanting to do is display the picture in the text without having to click on it to open it . . .

Regards, Carvel

IMG_0099.jpg

Works for me as can be seen above

Uploading is working, it's a bit clunky.

I'll create a thread as there is much confusion, and posting to an external site can create broken links in the future.

As Frans has offered, alternately send me an email with your attachments as I can posts.

I have moved the 'problems posting photos' posts into their own thread in the renault forum.

I will post some instructions shortly, and convert all your links to images.

David.

NEW uploading-image-problems thread

Last edited: