Official 2011 Perth French Car Festival thread

zykyra

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi all, things are well underway to make this years event bigger and better than before. Here is the official flyer. If you can think of anywhere that it should be stuck around town go for it. The more people we get the merrier. Perhaps you live near a French Restaurant or French language school etc etc.

Email me if you need a pdf version.

20110707FrenchCarFestivalFlyer1.jpg

If admin can make this thread a sticky that would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

Hey justin, cool looking flier :headbang:

I will nead a pdf, i will post it up around the place.

I will email you

Cheers

PDF for me too please, so I can decorate a few notice boards, etc (will pm).

Poor timing for the event though - We'll be coming back from Rotto on the day so will only just be able to check out the show if we leave in the morning. :(

That's assuming I can convince the troops to take the detour on the way home. :rolleyes:

Hi all, bit of an update. All the organising is in place and from what I have been hearing we are going to see some new & very interesting cars this year. We have confirmed at least one Bugatti will definitely be on display with other TBC.

Hi Justin, flyer looks fantastic... Well done, pity I won't be able to attend this years, as I will be 'hot-footing' the Clio Gordini RS around France on French car day... Wanna swap places???

So I've got a '78 504.. Its not shmicko, but its not a disgrace either. Should i look at displaying it as a work in progress?? Or is that just embarrassing..

I shall have my recently acquired 'Familiale' there and it is far from concours

Bring it along. Even works in progress are fine. I've taken the C-matic with odd coloured panels (due to rust and repaint repairs a panel at a time) along. If you lift the bonnet people won't even notice the exterior! :D

Fcf

I shall have my recently acquired 'Familiale' there and it is far from concours

Bring it along. Even works in progress are fine. I've taken the C-matic with odd coloured panels (due to rust and repaint repairs a panel at a time) along. If you lift the bonnet people won't even notice the exterior! :D

erv504,
Wot he said.

My '79 504 should be there. Has lost a bit of its "OOH" factor over the years. Now fast approaching the "blind man on a galloping horse" inspection criteria:wink2:.

Will dust off and bring along the 14" French Dunlop 504 mags I have for a reasonable $100 for 4.

Hopefully if I get the car I want on sunday, I will make it (providing i aint working)... :)

Luca wait and see.....

Thats of course if i get it... (I reckon I will though)

So I've got a '78 504.. Its not shmicko, but its not a disgrace either. Should i look at displaying it as a work in progress?? Or is that just embarrassing..

I've taken my 505 that's in rather less than average condition for the last few years and no one's complained. :tongue:

This time I'l be there with my much worse condition 403 :headbang:

Mind you, one day it'd be nice to not have the worst condition car at a show. :disappr:

Gerry, you cant do this to me, i cant sleep at night now!! Lol

Ok is it a new car or an old car?

Sideways,
It will be good to see an "As Found" 403. You've got it mobile then?
Psst, Throw in those special inlet manifolds, should create some interest.

Deltone,
Don't lose any sleep over gezza's new aquisition. Unless it's got wings and flys it will blend in with everything else. c-:

Sideways,
It will be good to see an "As Found" 403. You've got it mobile then?
Psst, Throw in those special inlet manifolds, should create some interest.

Deltone,
Don't lose any sleep over gezza's new aquisition. Unless it's got wings and flys it will blend in with everything else. c-:

No, but I got the head back from the machinist and have been waiting for a nice day (somewhat like today:wink2:) to put it back on. She'l be going by then for sure, I get my Ps in 2 weeks and I need a running registered car to run around in! :D

Dual carb manifold will be going back on for sure, I might even rig it as dual carbs. :D

Thanks

Hayden

Attachments

• SAM_1618.jpg
    SAM_1618.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 414
I think i will be coming, and if i can con a friend into helping, i will bring along my 504 LTI! :D (i'm on my Ls, so driving minus friend doesnt happen!)

Hi all, here is a link to some more info on the aircraft fly in which is on the same day and will be our neighbour. http://www.showmeperth.com.au/event/langley-park-fly

This should help us get more people along to the event and really add to the atmosphere on the day.

I can also confirm that amongst many new rare cars on the day we have confirmed the attendance of a Bugatti which is great.

Not long now, see you all there!

:cheers:

Justin

Attachments

• Advert_Img_0.jpg
    Advert_Img_0.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 467