wheels size

dont mean to be rude... but do you have any such images on ecould look at for asthetci purposes??

bowie said:
dont mean to be rude... but do you have any such images on ecould look at for asthetci purposes??
Only on the bits that you can't see!
In other words, fold back the 8mm wide inside edge around the guards, usually at 90 degrees to the guard proper.

Graham

lol cheers .. i assumed as much.. i was actualyl after pics of the pug with super-lites attached..

you didnt feal a bit wierd adding pommy wheels to a french car :D

i did the same thing as Graham when i put a set of cheviots on a 504 with 215 tyres

the only other thing but this is because i ran a 604 front end was that the fronts would also hit the guards and chew the tyres but you can modify the front guards as well but on the 505 you may be safe there

bowie said:
lol cheers .. i assumed as much.. i was actualyl after pics of the pug with super-lites attached..

you didnt feal a bit wierd adding pommy wheels to a french car :D
The car came with them. They are made in Australia incidentally, you may be getting confused with Minilights.
These are the only 15 inch wheels available to suit 505 and 504, except for second hand originals.
Graham

GRAHAM WALLIS said:
My GTI has 15 inch Performance Superlight wheels and when I went from 195 by 60 to 195 by 65 I had to do some panel beating work around the edges of the guards.

Would you have to do the same on a 504? I plan to fit the same size tyres. I currently have 205/60/15 and don't have any trouble with tyres contacting guards.

This could be the reason for the difference, John:

Originally posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
My GTI has 15 inch Performance Superlight wheels and when I went from 195 by 60 to 195 by 65 I had to do some panel beating work around the edges of the guards. The Superlights have a little more offset than standard but it shows there isn't much leeway.

peujohn said:
Would you have to do the same on a 504? I plan to fit the same size tyres. I currently have 205/60/15 and don't have any trouble with tyres contacting guards.

the pug alloys only have an offset of 20mm

peujohn said:

Your tyres would be bigger than mine already so no problems. It's a bit annoying to have to modify body panels just to fit a set of wheels supposedly made to suit a car.
All guards had to be modified.
Looks like the superlights may be made here under licence.
Graham

peujohn said:
John the currently sized tyers you have ( 205/60/15 ) do they make any problems concerning suspension and all that stuff under your engine and is it better to have 195/65/14 and lower the car or what you have? and by the way is cutting the springs to lower the car dangerous to the suspensions? or do I just have to get new lowered suspensions :cry: