What's the dimensions of a Big 6 bonnet/hood

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Does anyone please know the difference in the dimensions of a big 6 bonnet/hood compared with a Light 15 BL small body hood.
Is it wider? Is it longer & by how much? Anything else that may be comparison wise, helpful as I don't have access to one.

Reason being I need to get an extra about 50mm length to fit an extra a/c related fan in front of the radiator so we get sufficient summer cooling in Qld.
There is not much room as it is when the condenser is fitted. the a/c generally works fine except on the very hottest/humid summer days.
Am prepared to modify to fit if I can get a bonnet that is suitable & even a bit wider or too long.
Have a new centre Big 6 bonnet support.
It is 1200mm long & will work with a small cut off to move the grille outward enough top & bottom to clear the new blower fan.
Thx JG.

It's also wider and a different shape at the front as I recall. You might need to add a strip to your existing bonnet and also the front guard infill panels if you want to move the grille forward. Can you move the radiator back instead?

No possibility to move the Custom built radiator back. Is the grille different?
But I'm an old timer mechanic, handy & can modify a bigger bonnet if that is what's possible & needed.

Yes, the Big Six and Big 15 / Normale use a different grille, although they look similar at a distance to the Light 15 / 11 Legere grille. The scuttle is also wider and therefore so is the bonnet at its rear. So it is likely easier to extend the bonnet you have a little than trying to make a larger bonnet fit.

Last edited: