Vale Catshamlet

So sad to hear this news; Catshamlet was a well loved aussiefrogger. My condolences to his family and friends. Mike: your pictures, words and stories have travelled the world, and made it a better place. Rest In Peace.

friday403 (Chris)

Mattinson Mike

MATTINSON Mike Peacefully after a short illness on 4th November 2012 at the Eden Valley Hospice, David Michael (Mike), aged 55 years, dearly loved father of Clare and Joanne, son of Audrey and the late Dennis, brother of Sheila and Geoff. Mike will be greatly missed by all his family and friends. Funeral service and cremation will be held at Carlisle Crematorium on Monday, 12th November at 1.00pm. Family flowers only, donations, if desired will be divided between the Eden Valley Hospice and Macmillan Cancer Support c/o John Tremble Funeral Directors, 37 Church Street, Carlisle. Tel. 01228 594831.

Too sad. We will, as others have already said, miss his humour and gentle outlook on life.

Oh. God!
Deepest sympathy to his family. A funny man.
Will somebody please take care of his ginger "watchcat ?"

John Wilyman.

Funny how someone we never met left friends behind... condolences and kind regards to the family....much too young to go....

"I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left"

Mike's signature says it all, a gentle dignified man who gave so much, we are all richer for having been a small part of his life.

Condolences to family and friends R.I.P. Mike Mattinson (Catshamlet)

Cheers
:cheers:
Chris

I couldn't have put it better than Chris, so I'll second it. So long Mike, rest in peace and may your family feel the support from the other side of the world.

I would like to express my condolences to Mike's family.

Mike's humour always lightened up Aussie Frog's and his kind and gentle nature shone throughout his posts.

He will be much missed as friend and contributor to AF.

Sad news indeed. I will miss his witty and humorous words and word plays.

A sad day for his family. His insight and humour will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends. Neil

Last edited:
So sad, so quick, so young.!!

Darn, I come back home, and the first thing I find is that a good mate has passed on and we didn't even know he was ill. I'll miss his replies, his humour and grace, was looking forward to meeting him personally. loved his posts and his adventures in love life and cars.

A larger than life frogger who I for one will miss so very much.

Vale Mike!

Ken.

Not often in OZ do you exchange messages with a dry, witty, humourous, good natured POM, who was highly thought of in aussie frogs.
The measure of a life well-lived is "I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left", but rather through the lives they touched and the sorrow they leave behind - Mike achieved this in spades. :(

Terribly sad news.

We have lost a gentleman and joker.

Condolences to his family.

'Cats' being so highly thought of in this forum, it can only be imagined how terribly he will be missed by those who had the pleasure of knowing him in the flesh.
Seemed that sort of gentle-person no-one ever gets enough of.
We must pat a Peugeot for him.

that is terrible news.
condolences to Mike's family, and one can only suppose that anyone who made their fine character so clear on discussion forum in australia, has likely left many more friends back home.

so long, Mike.

Like everyone else, I'm saddened by Mike's departure. I loved his sense of humour. Cheers, Mike!

I just don't know what to write. I cannot move a finger. I got frightened.

As you can imagine I did not know him personally, but was one of the first who started joking around with me in several threads...

Damn, There is nothing I can say.