Update CD needed please...

BruteForce

Tadpole
Tadpole
My C5 X7 2011 RT4 unit has become disabled due to a corrupted CD it saw as data.
The screen now shows "Please insert upgrade CD"
I have lost all functions, even the parking sensors.
It shows 2.13 which I believe is the firmware version.
My VIN is VF7RDRHHABL547523
Update CD.jpg

My research shows that the latest version is 8.31
This seems to be available from Europe, but I was hoping for something local if possible.

I will also need the Aus maps if possible please - I believe 2017 is the latest available.

Any and all help gratefully accepted.
Cheers,
Bernie

I have found out that the 2.13 at the bottom of the screen is a fault code and refers to a hard drive failure.
Apparently I can use any slimline laptop HDD to replace it?
Can anyone confirm that please?
This guy can also source the software CD for me, so if it's not that difficult to replace the HDD I might give that a go.

Cheers,
Bernie

Tried a Dealer?
CD is cheap, normally takes 10 days for delivery from UK now Christmas is over

Tried a Dealer?
CD is cheap, normally takes 10 days for delivery from UK now Christmas is over
Yes, I have found a Dealer with the same CD in the UK.
He has offered to send me a link to download the CD for a similar price.

I'm guessing if it works though I will need to install maps again?
Cheers,
Bernie

Just in case anyone else is interested, I have found a download for the 8.31 Update CD.
I haven't used it yet, but if anyone else needs it I can upload it to my DropBox for you.

I'll update my results as I progress.

Cheers,

I came across your post and i had exactly the same problem but eventually the hard drive died, therefore i was wondering if you managed to fix this problem and if you were able to install the software from scratch on a new hard drive.
Also i there a chance to get a copy of the 8.31 Update CD files.
Thanks in advance.
Vase

No, I never did get a HDD to work again. I first tried a SD memory card in an adaptor - didn't recognise it.
The I tried a SSD, but it doesn't recognise this either.
I believe the problem is the need for it to be recognised as a slave drive.
I probably could have tried an older style HDD, but I reckon that would only be a temporary fix at best.
So I gave up on it and have just received all the components I need for an in dash Android upgrade.

When I get it done I will post up my results and how I achieved it.

This is where I got the 8.31 software from.

Cheers,
Bernie

Thanks for the quick response Bernie. I am trying to use the same PATA drive as the original drive and see if i can get it to work. At the same time i will try to create image for future failures. However i will be waiting for your results regarding the Android upgrade. If it works it will be much better that this Citroen old and complicated technology :)
Also many thanks for the link to the CD files. I am currently out of country and hope to work on this at the end of June once i get back.

Vase

My contract got extended and i am still not home so i have not tried the fresh installation.

Any further information please on the upgrade/ replacement, as I have been in contact with the Citroen centre of Sydney who directed me here, ( I'd already been lurking) and I am not sure which way to go. Because of not having the parking sensors my daughter refuses to drive the car, which, given that it was one of the reasons why I got the car, is a problem. Citroen centre first suggestion was to replace the radio, but after I informed them that I have no sensors, I was sent here. Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance for your help

Sensors not working but factory installed? Factory radio or aftermarket?
Start a new post with what you know and actual problem, as your other reply asked for update CD?? Someone should be able to steer you down the correct path.

PS did Sydney service centre scan you car to check configuration?

Hi,
Thanks for your response, I was directed here, as my console display says the same as the original poster, Sydney Citroen says that it's a circa $7k replacement, and are booked so far in advance that they suggest I find another place. My local mechanic has recently replaced my electronic handbrake, and during that time did a diagnostic test, but I am doubtful that they have Lexia, most likely a generic tool. At the time they said no errors other than the brakes.
I assumed that if I started a new thread that I would be told to read the existing thread. Which I have done several times...
I bought the car used a few months ago, and am trying to nut out the problems, I didn't notice the console display when I purchased until I was already driving through the city 😞, too late, sale as is
Any further information very much appreciated. My vehicle is 2012 c5 x7 hdi exclusive sedan (my10) VF7RDRHHABL548394
So I have no sensors and radio and the screen is blank except for the message
'please insert upgrade cd' with 2.13 bottom left corner. I have tried to upload pics but I have great difficulty on this forum.
Thank you

Citroen 22 doesn't give a hint of which end of Sydney you are in. Is "Sydney Citroen" Continental Cars at Roselands, near Punchbowl, or someone closer to the city? This dealer would be the most experienced in Australia, and I've found their advice to be accurate and helpful.

If you are getting the message to insert an upgrade CD, then you basically need to replace the hard drive thats inside the radio/CD
It's not that hard really, you will need a replacement 30-40gig 2.5" HDD.
They were originally fitted with a HDD made for vehicles such as Hitachi Endurostar J4K30 or a Toshiba MK3029GAC both with 30gig capacity.
These are hard to find and quite expensive now, so maybe try a cheap 30gig HDD from ebay to make sure it all works before you spend up big. Can't be a SATA drive though, must be the old style ISA connector.
You will also need the upgrade files (previously linked) and a way to burn them onto a CD.

To take the drive out there are 4 holes in the radio unit, 2 each side. I made a couple of tools from an old metal coat hanger.
Just shape it into 2 U-bends with the tails the same length so that you can push them into the holes, 2 on each side.
This will release the radio.
disconnect all the wiring and have a nice bench to sit it on.
Take it apart, you will need a small Torx bit (can't remember the size) 4 screws like so.

Then lift out the CD player.

This reveals the HDD.
Simply replace it and put it back together.
Re-fit to the vehicle.
When it starts up it will again ask for an update CD.
Just stick the CD in that you burned previously and it should update automatically.
It will take 20-30mins to do so make sure you have the engine running otherwise the radio will go to sleep and it won't update.

Have fun.

Citroen 22 doesn't give a hint of which end of Sydney you are in. Is "Sydney Citroen" Continental Cars at Roselands, near Punchbowl, or someone closer to the city? This dealer would be the most experienced in Australia, and I've found their advice to be accurate and helpful.
Continental cars, now known as Citroen centre Sydney, they're very helpful, on many occasions, but this is the response I got from Greg in the service department.

I'm not in Sydney, am located in Southern Highlands, will happily travel to ACT or anywhere in Sydney if I can receive the help I need.