The OZRS.com Sydney Dyno-Day 2006

NDM82M said:
A low res vid of the sequence of events is available
Right Here

The resolution doesn't really allow for the actual forum posts to be read. however you get the basic jist of the day, I have a high res one available but its 118mb, I plan on making it more special however will not have time to do it untill I get back from holidays (Mid Feb.), as this one only took 90 mins to strap together.
I am more than happy to throw the high res one on a cd for anybody, and you can buy me a donut at the next kk meet.

Also, If people just want the raw file of their car on the dyno (I have Dr. Pug and robs MX5 also), please let me know,

Thanks to anthony for getting a good day happening, a bit of a shame yours was the only one I didn't get footage of

Dave

D82

Just viewed the video, good job :)

Last edited:
NDM82M said:
A low res vid of the sequence of events is available

Nice vid, well made! The AFR on the Clio's really is very high at lower rpms, and then just suddenly dips down and you can see that's where power really picks up as well. I wonder why Renault has tuned it that way, as all the Clio's seemed to be doing that. The only thing I can think of for purposely doing that would be to get better fuel economy for when the car is being driven normally. It would be interesting to see if a programmable ECU could correct that and increase power in that rpm.

U Turn said:
It would be interesting to see if a programmable ECU could correct that and increase power in that rpm.

Apparently there is a group N ecu floating about for the clio, to address the issue of fuel being chucked in at 14 to 1/4500nm @ the wheels. This is where the 180 has the advantage over the clio, the 180 fuel mixture is chucked in 12 to 13s/2500nm @ the wheels.

They might as well call it a "stock 180 ecu" :tongue:

Just going through the graphs, it's interesting to see the differences between the Clio 182 and the 172. The 4-1 manifold of the 182 has released more power but it's definitely lost some down low. At about 100 kph or so, it picks up sharply. The 172 on the other hand has a much flatter torque curve and a steadily rising power curve.

I'm quite surprised at how fat the torque and power curve is on the gti180; the torque curve looks very flat in comparison to the other cars. I've driven both the clio 182 and gti180 and the clio felt both significantly torquier and more powerful up high. This has also been observed in every magazine review I've read which had compared the two cars. I can only guess that the gearing and the lower weight of the clio must play a big part. What's really confusing is that I've also driven the gti180 back to back with my car, a gti6 and the gti180 definitely felt less torquier (but more power up high) than my car, even though the gti6 is significantly heavier. I don't know if the gti180's I've driven have had the latest ECU flash, so maybe that's played a part? I would be very keen to get both my car and the gti180 (as well as the clio) on a dyno, one after the other and compare the graphs.

Excellent thread guys. It's great to also see and compare the graphs between the various clio 182's and nice to see that aside from the small differences in outright power, the actual shape of the curves are exactly the same for all the 182's.

:cheers: