The DS Appreciation Thread

Neccessity is the mother of invention..

G8F1h.png

Matthew :)

I'm excited.
FrankenD will have a slopey dash...

Zom3a.jpg

The vermiculate finish is excellent, my friend and painter Dave Ferguson is a champion.

I'm excited.

.......and it's older sibling.
roger

Attachments

• ds19dash_1.jpg
    ds19dash_1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,286
.......and it's older sibling.
roger

Very, very tidy Roger. Beautiful work.
The colours are really something in the early dash.

Hopefully I'll begin to assemble mine later in the week, ready for a trial fit in the next couple of weeks. The DS slopey dash into the ID frame is an unknown, as yet.

richo

attachment.php

That look incredible. Did you plastic weld up any damage then paint it ?

seeya,
Shane L.

No damage to repair. The large dash moulding has the original finish, just polished. All the other items were repainted. This DS19 has only covered 50K miles, and after a relatively short on-road life it was shedded, and has remained in various sheds in NZ and Oz ever since.
roger

Very, very tidy Roger. Beautiful work.
The colours are really something in the early dash.

Hopefully I'll begin to assemble mine later in the week, ready for a trial fit in the next couple of weeks. The DS slopey dash into the ID frame is an unknown, as yet.

richo

Thanks for the comments, Richo.
Best of luck with the conversion. You will recall that there is a '66 slopey dash DS21 here if you need a reference. That dash will look fantastic - keeping up the standard we've come to expect.
roger

Interesting photo! It is wearing Thai number plates. Just what is the boy inside doing?

It looks like it might have shark gills in the front guards, or is that just a reflection?