Shitbox Rally

PeterT

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Parry and Rod are there again in the 505, but currently having water pump issues at Coober Pedy. Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow. In the meantime, here is the best pic of seen!

Donate here:

Attachments

• 306 shitbox rally.jpg
    306 shitbox rally.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 107
What a shot. Haha convertibles make everything better.

Parry and Rod are there again in the 505, but currently having water pump issues at Coober Pedy. Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow. In the meantime, here is the best pic of seen!

Donate here:
That's a $1000 car?

Yep. Someone got a bargain.

I've always been partial to the early model 306, but the early cabs have the wrong engine.

I hope something gets sorted! Let me know if west coast help is useful. I have a vested interest in the 505 surviving the rally.

Parry and the 505 received the new waterpump (via a Greyhound Bus delivery to Cooper Peedy), fitted in an hour then rolled out of camp on time with the rally. Another team sent this pic through of them mobile again in the early hours after repairs

IMG_20240418_154112.jpg

They did 740kms yesterday after the repair !!

Having done 5 rallies in that 505 previously (this will be Parry's 2nd in the car bringing its total to 7 rallies with a mere 450,000kms on the odometer) can attest it is an outback limo the rough and dusty roads.

A fun event exploring the vastness of this country for a very worthwhile cause ... good luck on the rest of the adventure boys !