Ryco oil filters

hi stuey,sorry to take so long to get back,i have been flat out with chrismas car dramas.the cars with he noisy motors were running at the time,not just started.i dont know exactly what causes it but hey i think the lack of oil would be a good place to start.just changing to puflux fixed it,one of the other local parts guys in s.a. tells me the same story he has heard from his customers. stuart.

Simon,

The Rycos with an 'anti drain back valve' are clearly marked as such on the box. The R12 one isn't marked, so I assume it hasn't got one, and things haven't changed...

Ryco's website alludes to the fact that some of their filters don't have one, but as I said first up, I'm pretty sure the engine design would affect whether or not one was needed. Like which way up the filter sits, and whether the galleries leading to it would drain by gravity or not.

Anyway, sounds like it's not worth using your car as a test bed to see if Ryco's are OK !

Stuey

Pugsly,
Sorry mate I'm currently overseas for business and I don't have the address with me. Unfortunately it's not either of the one's you have listed. I'll try to remember to post the address when I get home.

Derek
I've already got my stickers, thanks anyway.

Cheers
george

Stuey,

Unfortunately there is no point in my car being a test bed as it would involve more hassle for me to go out and buy a Ryco instead of popping into the shed to pick out a Purflux :).

My poor 12 gets no special treatment apart from an oil filter and change every 5000k's, coolant every two years and gearbox oil when I think it needs to be done usually every 20,000k's.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all!

Simon

Pugsly,

Sorry for the delay, but in case you were still waiting here it is:

Dapco, 52 Stanley St Penshurst NSW
Phone No 95345388

Cheers
george