Renault Clio - European Car of the Year

kermit said:
On the plain, perhaps.
:roflmao: :joker:

Is there a way to tell where a Renault is assembled?. Do renault etc have all that info in the VIN number, and is there a site to decode it? I have a link for on S**bs, it tells what factory, which area blah blah.

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
Is there a way to tell where a Renault is assembled?. Do renault etc have all that info in the VIN number, and is there a site to decode it?

That info would be in the VIN, but if you have access to the car, it's easier to check the build plate - that should say where the car was assembled, little interpretation required.

Pug307 said:
That info would be in the VIN, but if you have access to the car, it's easier to check the build plate - that should say where the car was assembled, little interpretation required.
Oh, I haven't actually looked but will go and do so for interest.
Better be on there, am going to make a special trip downstairs to look:roflmao:

blue2th said:
I haven't been on a 3 series here too many times to compare the quality of SA assembled and German assembled 3 series.

Just compare a 3-Series here to a 5-Series. Seem the same to me.

When are we going to see the new clio in Australia?

Certainly looks good!

Stalled

Europa said:
From here

"Mégane Hatch is assembled at the Dieppe and Douai sites in France, and at Palencia (Spain), Cordoba (Argentina), Curitiba (Brazil), Envigado (Colombia) and Bursa (Turkey)."

RS Versions are in Dieppe, the standards are built all over the place.

Had a good look round the latest Clio a couple of weeks back at our local Renault dealer Rogate Renault in Hampshire. Very impressed! Seemed much more spacious and more solidly built than the prevoous Clio. Styling-wise I think it looks great. Much prefer it to the new Megane!