R8 Headlamp Switch

R8 Indicator

Hi All
I have snapped my indictor stalk off. has anyone got an R8 indictor unit they can part with please ?

Wayne :D

Well there's your answer Frans.
Yes, we need a pic - Rob will run out of springs long before the customers are sated, but your fix is about being self-sufficient.
Cheers
KB

I've always preferred manual cancelling, so at least they don't cancel half way through roundabouts etc.

The main flasher problem I reckon was the slow speed of the original units.

The bearing seal spring idea is just brilliant! Now THAT is lateral thinking.

Cheers

Thank you everyone.. I have powered the switch up and checked all positions with a test light and things just did not quite add up..

KB, your description sorted it all out. I had been assuming that parkers were at the top.

Think I may utilise the lower switch for hazard lights, seems a shame to have a switch that isn't used. Especially seeing as how I have just removed 9 switches from the dash that a previous owner had installed.

This car is continuing to amaze me.. Jodie was always the one that loved Renault's, I was just happy to get a new project, but the idea of self cancelling indicators, 4 wheel disc brakes and rack & pinion on a 1963 car is astounding.

PaulK
'

Couple of things.

My 1951 Renault has self cancelling flashing indicators and rack and pinion steering. No four wheel discs mind you but all independent suspension.

I use that lower switch for a reversing light one way and the radio the other. Two handy terminals there to take +ve from.

Cheers

'

Couple of things.

My 1951 Renault has self cancelling flashing indicators and rack and pinion steering. No four wheel discs mind you but all independent suspension.

I use that lower switch for a reversing light one way and the radio the other. Two handy terminals there to take +ve from.

Cheers

So you can't hear the radio when your reversing? :roflmao:

So you can't hear the radio when your reversing? :roflmao:

That's right. Twice a year it happens when I'm actually listening to something good when reversing in the dark.

Pretty silly at one level, but I can put up with it.

It's not a bad thing in a way, as I don't want distractions when reversing in the dark, but I can't claim I thought it through in advance!!!

With the 6V Renault, I watch the ammeter carefully driving in the dark - radio and headlamps are just OK, but at idle we have about a 15 amp discharge rate and rather slow windscreen washers!! I haven't had the 750 out in the rain at night for many years, but in the 1970s it was our car, so it was out in all weathers and times.

Cheers

With the 6V Renault, I watch the ammeter carefully driving in the dark - radio and headlamps are just OK, but at idle we have about a 15 amp discharge rate and rather slow windscreen washers!! I haven't had the 750 out in the rain at night for many years, but in the 1970s it was our car, so it was out in all weathers and times.

Cheers

and you had to turn the heater fan off if you wanted the indicators to go when the wipers were on. On my Dauphine it was your choice of 'any two electrical devices' at a time:cry:

Geoff

and you had to turn the heater fan off if you wanted the indicators to go when the wipers were on. On my Dauphine it was your choice of 'any two electrical devices' at a time:cry:

Geoff

That's right too!

The good news, but irrelevant to most people, is that a modern electronic flasher unit, as available from Anthony Pearson and his Vintage Bulb business in Adelaide, overcomes these problems perfectly. Don't ask how long it took me to try everything else.......