R17 seats

Seats have to be fold forward to get a RWC.
Otherwise need to register as a 2 seater car with no back seat present
Fuego seats fit as I put in my R15
OR get some sports seats Fold Forward
OR look around in wreckers for 2 door cars to get some seats

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 94
FYI I've fitted a set of peugeot 208 seats to my r12, so the 208 gti seats will fit the r17 but will be quite tall and also need the base mount altering. I used a 100x100x3mm box section cut up as angle brackets and bolted to the existing runners with 4 x M8 high tensile bolts on each side, mounted to the existing peugeot adjustable base.

Reactions: COL
I wonder what changing seats does to insurance? A farmer near our farm was taken to court and sued by Worker Compensation because a worker was killed when a tractor rolled. The reason given was because he had replaced the seat with one from a car because it was more comfortable. The tractor rolled because the worker had driven on too steep a slope, nothing to do with the seat at all. Just saying.

You can usually nominate these sorts of changes and all is fine.

But should you be reusing the existing mounting locations and hardware, reckon you'd be sweet.

As for your mate on the farm... yeah that sucks :s. and not something you'd imagine a general person would consider, in line with a pub test. :(

Like most mods on our cars, seat replacement needs a mod plate, at least in QLD. Regarding insurance this needs to be acknowledged by the insurance company. Shannons have no problems with mods if done properly with a mod plate.

Strangely with all the mods I had to do to satisfy the Transport Department, making the seats a high back design in the 4CV wasn't one of them. Had to put in blinkers, split system disc brakes, inertia seatbelts, laminated windscreen, windscreen washers and at least 2 speed wipers, collapsible steering, upgraded wheels and tyres. I am looking to fit some Suzuki Swift seats hopefully in the future, but the cabin is only 1060mm wide, makes getting two modern non-race seats a tight fit.

Regarding the tractor accident, I would have hoped any competent lawyer would have torn the change of seat argument apart as a contributing factor to the incident. Rollover protection and the driver doing the wrong thing surely would have had a greater impact on the incident.

Last edited:
Lawyers did eventually overturn the case but at great cost to the farmer and a number of court appearances. He was not awarded costs.

Further on seats, they have to be ADR aproved.

I agree they look great. Those seats would look great in Shoji's R17 with those orange inserts.

Do we get a look at the rest of the interior?
Unfortunately the rest of the interior is standard, so nothing exciting to reveal, but still in good nic 👌

If someone did that kind of job on my car, I would have them do the rest in the same motif. I think they are the best looking R17 seats I have seen. If Renault had done that, they would have probably sold a lot more of these cars. How much was it?