Parking Assistance System Faulty......error message Peugeot 307 CC

PUG 307 CC

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi everyone,

I have a RHD 307 CC cabriolet, here in Australia.

Anyhow 4 days ago, I went and replaced the airflow direction lever that attaches to the actuator. It is in a bugger of a spot for those with RHD cars, as the top screw to the actuator, is not easily accessible with steering column, but more importantly a wiring loom that comes out from behind the dash and is tied back to a bracket off the steering column, this wiring loom make it a job more on the difficult side, but I managed it.

Anyhow the following day when I went to use the car, I get a the message on my display on top of the dash saying "Parking Assistance System Faulty". So I thought what the heck does that mean. So I googled it, and found that either the Parking Distance Control Unit Module, or at least one of the rear sensors, or damaged or loose wiring. I also read where you can tell if a sensor is faulty or not, by turning ignition on, touching them and listen for a ticking noise, and for even more clarity, touch them with a screwdriver. I did this to all of them, and did not hear any ticking; so now I think it is wiring or the module is faulty. I was unable to locate the module, and cant find any info on this model Peugeot that explains as to where it is located.

Anyhow, I drove the car later that day, with it still telling me with the warning every time i got back into the car and started it up. But then when I got home, in the drive way, I had to reverse the car, and the reversing display unit was working correctly....so it now had me thinking, loose wiring or connector somewhere. Anyhow I parked may car in the garage for the night, there is a little hump the car has to go over to get into the garage. Got back to the car the following morning, started the car, and the error message showed again, and when put into reverse, the error again showed. So I flipped put the panel under the steering column, just wondering if the wiring loom that comes out from behind the dash and is anchored off to the bracket on the steering column may have something to do with it. So I moved the harness about with my hand to see if the error message would disappear, to which it did not.

So, now I am stuck, I have no ideas as to where to look next, or what to do.

Has anyone else had this issue, or know the answer?

Also does anyone know where the control module is located, thinking maybe a connector is loose in that?

Is there any test that I can do somewhere, to determine what is causing the error message?

I am trying to avoid the Peugeot Dealership Workshop for advice, as they are ever, ever so expensive.

Cheers everyone, hopefully someone can help me out with suggestions.

Regards David.

6893 is the control computer. Do you have the OBD codes?
307cc.png

Last edited:
Thank you Seasink. I will have a look tomorrow in my boot for the controller. I did put my OBD reader that I have onto the OBD connector but it did not come up with error codes relating to the sensors, or controller. It had an error that was saying that the thermostat was open....to which I thought was odd, as the temp on the car has always been good. I cant remember the number of that error code.

Read it again, as it is likely to be a manufacturer specific code, which most readers will misinterpret. Retractable roofs (toits escamotables) aren't a regular part of the OBD standard.

So the part 6893 is retractable rood controller. Does this control the parking sensors as well; as I was under the assumption that the parking sensors had it's very own controller.

I will connect the reader up again tomorrow and get the actual fault code.

So the part 6893 is retractable rood controller. Does this control the parking sensors as well; as I was under the assumption that the parking sensors had it's very own controller.
Great question - in my estimation the Parking Distance module is actually item 7500 in the diagram (with the other 75XX items the sensors).

It's normally located behind a panel or grille on the left hand side in the boot - the same panel that would normally be accessed for the tail light, but fwd in the cavity.

The wiring diagram shows that the roof controller 6893 doesn't run parking sensors. Parking sensor fittings are numbered in the 7000s as SLC206 notes.

The wiring diagram shows that the roof controller 6893 doesn't run parking sensors. Parking sensor fittings are numbered in the 7000s as SLC206 notes.
Yes I have to agree, but you through me, as your post initially quotes 6893 is the control computer. But that is the unit for the roof as I thought.

I have found also that the parking distance control module, is behind the left panel in the boot. Virtually behind where the aux power socket is located. Anyhow I had a go at trying to remove the panels with no luck. And then on youtube, a video that shows roof and boot maintenance and adjustments, show where the module is located, and shows what is involved. It's a massive job, and involves putting the boot / roof into the so called "coach position". This is a 2 person job, and I feel it is too big a risky job for me to contemplate. As I am frightened in damaging the roof or boot mechanism, which at the moment works wonderfully well. So, I am now thinking I just deal and cope with not having the rear parking sensors and display working.

I also did put the OBD 2 reader back onto the car today, and it reads P0597 Thermostat Heater Control Circuit / Open. I then looked up this code for Peugeot 307 CC , and get the exact same information off the internet. So my guess is that I have a faulty thermostat now to be replaced.

So have just spent time, putting screws and plugs that I took off the boot compartment panels, and in the process, I kept hearing a whirring noise. I could not work out what it was or where from, sounded like fuel pump. I went to the drivers seat and see that I had left the ignition turned on. So, I thought I had better start the car, to make certain that it would still start, and it sure did. I popped it into reverse just to see if any change, not that I expected to see a change.......BUT the display unit worked, showing my rear parking distance bars. So I turned off the ignition, and popped the spare wheel back into the boot, and then the spare wheel tool kit, strapped it all down. I went to put the car into the garage, started it up, put it into reverse and......... the error message appears again. So I am now convinced, it has to be either dirty terminal connections, or loose connections at the parking distance control module. I just wished they made the access to it easier than what they do. Gotta say, I dread buying this Peugeot, I wish I had gone and brought another Renault instead.