Oil Changes

My daughter was invited to Cora Aero where the Kitty Hawk drone taxi was being developed back in 2019, was pretty hush hush and she had to sign a NDS, they now have a testing facility based in Christchurch and looks like has been brought out by a larger company.... still waiting for the hover board🤞 I don't see any progress on this possibly due to lithium battery stability 😐

Evtol.news/kitty-hawk-cora/

Have you seen accounts of the monster battery powered military drones the Ukrainians are developing? Some don't need a long life, but others do. They are working on heavy lift models in the UK too.

Top up bottles at the servo seemed to have been phased out when cashless payment was introduced mid 80s from memory. Dad used these topups on every long drive in the EH, by the time I was driving there was a stand at the servo where you paid for 500ml oil of who knows what, and they still used to was your windows. But as soon as EFTPOS was introduced there was no service staff and as soon as their open oil containers ran out they were never refilled and the stand was removed.
Pretty sure flying electric cars were the way of the future we were told so maybe started a bit too early downsizing the servo's 🙈
I think the top up bottles mainly disappeared because so many new cars no longer used the go-to 20W50 that virtually every older car used.
That and once FI became the norm, cars suddenly didn't require top ups between services.

I think the top up bottles mainly disappeared because so many new cars no longer used the go-to 20W50 that virtually every older car used.
That and once FI became the norm, cars suddenly didn't require top ups between services.

A lot of cars stopped using oil too. Most cars post mid 80's don't use oil. The old Citroen CX here is what .... 39 years old. It doesn't burn or use a drop of oil. Never had. Nor do any of the modern cars here.

Don't see this ... I only see a panic in 10years time while they try to figure out what to do with 26million degrading ... fire prone, toxic batteries ... suddenly ICE will look amazing and simple :clown:
On this subject, here in rural NSW we have yellow recycling bins and i often wonder if any of it gets recycled.
I put in all sorts of stuff, car parts, plastic plant pots , cardboard, perspex etc.
It is easy to see that beyond the talk actual recycling isn't really happening, except shipping it overseas to be dumped in Third World Countries..
Millions of car tyres every year.
Sewerage pumped out to sea when it could be converted to fertilizer.

Make industry responsible for packaging and limited life goods, this would be a start?

Or just another excuse to put the price up.