INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

June figures are out, and Citroen is still struggling.

Renault Arkana – 128
Renault Captur – 87
Renault Kangoo – 2
Renault Koleos – 402
Renault Master – 126
Renault Master Bus – 0
Renault Megane – 7
Renault Trafic – 220
Renault Total – 972

Peugeot 2008 – 30
Peugeot 3008 – 66
Peugeot 308 – 41
Peugeot 5008 – 12
Peugeot 508 – 12
Peugeot Boxer – 8
Peugeot Expert – 59
Peugeot Partner – 108
Peugeot Total – 336

Citroen C3 – 6
Citroen C4 – 7
Citroen C5 Aircross – 3
Citroen C5 X – 3
Citroen Total – 19
Looks like the van market is keeping the numbers stable, thanks Renault for keeping the French flag flying

As these cars do not represent the planned positioning of Citroën within the Stellantis marque strategy there does not seem to be much point in promoting them. If they do concentrate on the low cost European market and consider Dacia their challenge, then it is hard to see if that has much relevance in Australia with our domination of Asian competitors.
Yup - we have too many cheap Chinese SUVs such that Citroen cannot be a 'low cost' option, but the vehicles will increasingly not lend themselves into being specced up into being a semi-prestige option by the sounds of it.

(I think Stellantis is having challenges more broadly with Oz. Jeep's sales are going down the crapper (lower than Renault), Peugeot's still struggling, Alfa's selling little better than Citroen (although to be fair is much more upmarket), Fiat sells about as well as Peugeot in terms of cars and vans, and Maserati is a luxury brand (which outsells Fiat cars). About the only bright spot is the success of the RAM hulking huge truck segment.)

Well they only have themselves to blame.
The recent ( and CURRENT ) C4 timing belt recall was unknown to the Brisbane agent until a local customer made an appointment to have it done. She has been told the T belt is OK after inspection .... how exacting is that I wonder. In customer service and good faith terms surely the oil bathed belt should have been replaced !
A new Citroen cannot be bought in Brisbane any more .. yet this is a city big enough to hold an Olympic Games. The closest dealership is about 100 kilometres away in a rural town behind the Sunshine Coast. How many big city types are willing to go that far ?
I venture not many.

Anybody out there know the technical details of the C4 recall ? The media release says something vague about brake failure, but the causal relationship is not stated.

M. Seasink,
You miss my point. The Brisbane city dealership business now no longer lists Citroen ( despite the suggestion on the Citroen Australia website ) and the other suggestion just goes to the Citroen Australia website.
So effectively the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Either way we are up a dry creek.
Potential sales ? ... not in this support arena.

The Citroen link now mentions that Brisbane City is service only. So is the North Lakes place.

It's certainly yet another example of the disaster that is Inchcape that a place the size of Brisbane has no dealers.

I really like the new C5X after having a look at the French Car day, but the nearest dealer is about 200km away from me. Puts a dampener on the idea....

There are lots more service and parts agents than dealers. Von Bibra at Ferry Road are Approved Citroen Service Agents and there are a few in Brisbane as well.

Cheers, Ken

Yes I did see VonBibra is service and parts. Need to go to Nambour to test drive though.

I guess if Inchcape au. sold cars and specified service agents strategically located around Australia in the sales contract, and give follow up calls re how the car is progressing, it would eliminate the "am I left on my own" feeling of someone like R17G. These service agents must be given access to PSA/Citroen manufacturers service schedules and methods of carrying out maintenance procedures.
I wonder how many sales have been lost due to this fear?

Hobart dealership has "left the building", apparently. I guess the one in Launceston is still on the go.

July 2023 Car Sales:
Citroën C3 6
Citroën C4 7
Citroën C5 Aircross 2
Citroën C5 X 4
Citroën Total 19

Peugeot 2008 14
Peugeot 3008 27
Peugeot 5008 8
Peugeot 308 28
Peugeot 508 36
Peugeot Partner 37
Peugeot Boxer 3
Peugeot Expert 35
Peugeot Total 188

Renault Arkana 131
Renault Captur 58
Renault Kangoo 1
Renault Koleos 303
Renault Master 78
Renault Master Bus 0
Renault Megane 3
Renault Trafic 99
Renault Total 673

Citroen really need to get real and get into some aggressive targeted marketing.

I just saw an advert on Facebook that the 508 plug-in hybrid is now available, so maybe the higher-than-usual number of 508 registrations last month were a bunch of demonstrators for the dealer network.

I just saw an advert on Facebook that the 508 plug-in hybrid is now available, so maybe the higher-than-usual number of 508 registrations last month were a bunch of demonstrators for the dealer network.
The 508 PHEV has been available for quite some time in sedan version (2021).

The "new" one is the 508 wagon in hybrid form, which was just released here.