FS: 205GTI S2 1989

its called supply and demand ??

Exactly....u ve hit the nail on the head....

u know what a great car they r (forgetting their liitle foibles) and for me it would ceartinly be easier to justify spending 500 on a reflector knowing that the 205 crowd are prepered to uphold the prices of their pugs....yet it seems like many owners apply the same depriciation values as they would to an excell...

My comments are obviously not targeting the enthusiaist but those who bought the car and because of a few problems thing they r crap and hence sell them of in disrepair for silly prices....
one only needs to look at the ds crowd,...these owners KNOW what they own and the (even) sheer component value of their vehicles so its no wonder why so many vehicles regularly fetch mid teens....
I hear u say: "but you r comparing gti s to dees ??"doesnt make sense....well i think it does...each has an audience and a following....my theory is that IF we all
put a premium of (lets say)+30% on whatever we thought our 205 was worth...then the perspective buyers would not have much choice...because WE would be controlling the pricing rather than the MARKET...
Seems to me that the crx and the swift gti owners sometimes have more sense than some of us frog lovers...the exclusivity of our cars (by the numbers alone) should give us an advantage in this regard...

yes...jimmy...i did work at the malvern autobarn....i remeber u coming with a mate of yours (i think) who had a 205 as well...he had a strut brace???i think...
In regards to your car....., from what i remeber, it looked quite good and it was in original condition...i think the colour is great as well...and i hope u do ok with the sale......after all....its not really like u want to part with IT...and i m sure u ve enjoyed the car...

cheers
dino

PS...in regards to the red reflector....well my mum and sis are off to ireland and my sis has promised to chase up as many reflectors as she can possibly get...i m talking hopefully ...20-30-40 units ..maybe more....

May not get them till february but soon they ll be on offer for about $250....maybe less....supply and demand.....

Hi Dino,

Yes indeed but you also must remeber that most people who buy the 205's are just common. They are not enthusiaist and will not pay prices that are 30% above what the car guides say. I do 100% think that 205's are under priced and under rated however you try selling one! Also with the reflector its good to see 205 owners going and getting stock. Grab as much 205 stuff as you can. :roflmao:

Nick

i bought my first 89 pug 205 for $13,500 in 98. sold it 2000 for 10,500.
i bought my current 89 205 (same light blue, but with high kms and not such good conditon) for $3000 in 2002. that's a big drop. these cars are a classic but are getting old , high kms and therefore expensive to run. since the import have been flowing in all car prices have dropped, especially aus delivered performance cars. the turbo imports are better cars and are bloody cheap in comparison, especially in the eyes of a performance enthusist. more rewrding to modify as well.

Hi,

At least felix is on my wave length. I must say its actually not good for me as i can't get much for 205 parts these days however its great for a keen collector! I am sorry too say performance people don't have a clue what a 205 is or how fast it is. I think really thats how it should stay more fun for us!!

Nick

James dude WTF u selling the pug?
How u been anyways? Where u going in Europe PM me :)

Guys i can vouch for this pug its the cleanest GTi i have ever seen. Ive driven it and its immac and goes very well. Definately a beatiful colour ive never seen one this colour before.

$8000 is very good for a 205 in this condition inside and out its pretty much perfect.

Good luck with the sale James...gimme a buzz cause im bored and finished uni too

Was this car by any chance at Mt Waverly station (parked)? If so it sure does look very nice! :)

hey cheeks,

when are u going to do the stickers for me your punk! still waiting...

i to have been lucky enough to experience this neat little pug, if i had not just recently baught one for myself i would have snapped it up myself
who ever byes is getting an absolute bargian, given the condition of this beauty!

i want my stickers!

ash

ur price!!!

hey man,
allthough many of u don't know me i am just gonna say wot i think is rite!!!the price on this car insanly cheap!!!8g for series 2 that as it sounds is mint!being blue the rarest colour in a 205 and mint it should be fetchin a darn sight higher than that!if it comes time to drop ur pants and settle for wot u can get b4 ur off around the world give me an email i mite just think of taking it off ur hands not that i can afford it but becuase itr deserves an owner that respects the pug for wot it is!!!

i think that every1 should keep it real with out getting snapy.respect wot every1 has to say, taking in to acount that some r just that dumb they may as well be sniffin out a new car and be like very other bitch that drives a bomdadoor up chappel!!!come on fellaz!we love these cars for the reason they r!unbeleavablly fun to drive and a treat to beat dumb vl drivers and nething on a corner!!!

jords
progression_tb@hotmail.com
mi205

Last edited:
come on fellaz!we love these cars for the reason they r!

no disputing that. 8g for the above car is a great price!
but you can't ask prices in the teens for a car that is essentially 14yo

its generally not upto the sellers to decide what it's worth, but upto the buyers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry Cheeks, bit rude to turn this thread into a price discussion

good luck with the sale! the price you have it at is perfect

Yes the car is still for sale

I'am droping the price to $7500

Cheers