DS Valeo starter/engine mounts

Ahh Ramon, how well I recall your generosity of 1979 Armagnac after the completion of the sphere change.

When you visit Tasmania it will be my pleasure to return the gesture.

Matthew, is all under control now mate?

[QUOTE
Matthew, is all under control now mate?[/QUOTE]

As my late father used to say if you just look like you know what your doing you'll get away with anything!:)

So to answer your question, I think I've gotten away with it! Everything on the left hand side is back in its rightful place.. coolant type B done, brass washer tempered.. was that the process??,

and while I don't have a glass of lick'er to enjoy I am content with a large bowl of ice cream as we speak!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

thanks for yout time again today.. bracket should arrive tomorrow. mwaaaa hahahahah!!

Matthew:):):)

Hi everyone

well this job is done and dusted!..pheeeeww! :tongue::tongue: and amazingly the car still works!! Richos deliciously engineered bracket arrived today so i could refit the starter heat shield (see pic)...very neat.

As those of you with the valeo can attest it is amazing.. it spins like a top.. I'm very happy!!:)

Thank you Richo for your guidance and advice once again and for taking the time to get the mounts together for me.. very much appreciated.

Matthew:wink2:

Attachments

• 100_0604.jpg
    100_0604.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,905
Good stuff.

Did you try turning the engine on the starter prior to reassembly? We did, of course with the coil lead off so it wouldn't fire. The combination of the great spin of the starter plus the foomp foomp foomp of the exhaust was a wonderful sound!

Hi everyone

well this job is done and dusted!..pheeeeww! :tongue::tongue: and amazingly the car still works!! Richos deliciously engineered bracket arrived today so i could refit the starter heat shield (see pic)...very neat.

As those of you with the valeo can attest it is amazing.. it spins like a top.. I'm very happy!!:)

Thank you Richo for your guidance and advice once again and for taking the time to get the mounts together for me.. very much appreciated.

Matthew:wink2:

Matthew,
It is my pleausre to assist. Your ability to listen, assimilate the information imparted then perform the task befits a man who can accomplish much with little.
Commendable, well done (once more) Matthew.

Good stuff.

Did you try turning the engine on the starter prior to reassembly? We did, of course with the coil lead off so it wouldn't fire. The combination of the great spin of the starter plus the foomp foomp foomp of the exhaust was a wonderful sound!

Yes..several times! hee hee..

Matthew:)

M. mnm,

See the picture attached to the previous post from Harrison Citroen re his injection difficulties...It shows the height of installation of the engine mount as discussed when you replaced yours.