Anyone want to be on a French Motoring show?

Dijon16 said:
I took the liberty of sending this guy a link to this thread, so he could see that his request had been posted, and also see how un-seriously everyone seems to be taking it.

I daresay that this list is uniquely positioned, and he has done the right thing in approaching it.

Put it this way. If I were in the reverse position, of going to the other side of the world to do such a doco, I would appreciate not only being taken seriously but receiving as much help, advice and positive input as I could get, from the very group I contacted.

Chris

I'd say that a large majority of nationalities could appreciate the humour , the fact the thread even started has to show interest and the amount of members on the list would indicate the potential of such a trip , I am sure his mail is not in vain and most here would jump at the chance should his trips path come into thier area .

Regards
Dale.

Yes, I have something in the brewing and have already heard back from Stephane (who is on hols at present). Thanks for the support Shane.

It is interesting though that the Aussie attitude towards ourselves and life is not always understood outside Australia or New Zealand. I have to be very careful with colloquialisms and facial expressions when talking to people in France. After they get to understand our way of life there is a better understanding. But hey, it's differences that make us all interesting.:wink2:

UFO said:
Yes, I have something in the brewing and have already heard back from Stephane (who is on hols at present). Thanks for the support Shane.

Huh :confused: :confused: I deny I did anything ... Infact I frequently get accused of doing nothing :roflmao: :roflmao: You mean 'shane' as in the guy over in the Perth club right :D

Don't tell me there's two of us here :eek: :eek: :eek:

seeya,
Shane L.

UFO said:

It is interesting though that the Aussie attitude towards ourselves and life is not always understood outside Australia or New Zealand. I have to be very careful with colloquialisms and facial expressions when talking to people in France. After they get to understand our way of life there is a better understanding. But hey, it's differences that make us all interesting.:wink2:

indeed , especially so in the written context , we tend to expect others (even the english) to appreciate our slang and *how* we convey a statement, which may be completely different to how it is enterupted at the other end usually in the literal sense :) .

Dale.