Anyone know anything about this gorgeous Type 57S (?) replica?

TrinityJayOne

Fellow Frogger
Spotted this afternoon on the Monash, so dashcam snaps is the best I can do.

Looked absolutely stunning!

Screenshot_20230511_144707.jpgScreenshot_20230511_144619.jpg

Screenshot_20230511_144731.jpgScreenshot_20230511_144816.jpg

Reactions: COL
could be a Devaux built in Melb?
I dare say you're spot on there, I couldn't find any pics of a Type 57 or its variants with a similarly slanted grille. Makes me feel a little better about it being on the back of a flatbed too!

When I was a volunteer at the automobile museum in Launceston, we had this car on display for some time.
Yes it is a Devaux & is very rare indeed as the exercise was a commercial flop. It's Holden Commodore based for its bits & I have no idea how well the suspension got retuned. Still, it's a car to look at more than drive. For my taste, it's gorgeous.No doubt more information on the museum website on past displays.
There is also a blue convertible version which the museum was meant to get at some stage but that hadn't happened by the time I left.

cheers! Peter

Jay Lenno douse a vid on a copy of the race version ,hand made in south America .somewhere ,a direct copy with some improvements to make it a daily drive , ie improved cooling for the engine ,so it can be driven in the California sun ,from memory it cost $250,000 and are driven by people who have a real one, but don't want to drive it because they are precious ,the car that is

Last edited:
i worked in a servo pumping gas and doing lubes shortly after i left school .we had a customer who had one like this one on the, truck a but a real one ,occasionally on a Fridays, he would drive in to pump the tyres and fill it up, as he had a show to go to Saturday ,it was no show queen but a survivor ,i recall him looking under it to see water running out of the front of the engine ,saying that f ing seal on the water pump has gone again ,a rope seal like you would find on a pump on the farm .he said he had nipped it up a few times but now would have to replace it ,before tomorrow