207cc Cat replacement

surffari

Tadpole
Tadpole
2010 207cc (1.6, petrol, EP6C) had a few things when I got incluide anti pollution fault, generous smoke and oil consumption.
As mentiond in another thread, I've decided to replace valve seals, whole timing assy etc.

Peugeot guy in Burleigh also identified the inners of the currect cat it rattling with an upbeat noise in the casing.

I got a new cat from UK (Ebay) which cost a bit over $400 with shipping. It looks ok, but the only issue the downstream pipe is about 5cm too short.
The seller told the results for my VIN were inconsistent. Ebay refunded, but I was never asked to return the thing(!!??)

So, when the cylinders are not bathing in oil anymore, I'm gonna change the cat as well and hopefully sort out smoke and fault.

My questions is if anyone has come accross something similar with cat change to a 207 and any recommendations how it was fixed? And who could/would modify/fit the new cat to the car in Gold Coast? I've contacted quite a few but there was no interest.

The Burleigh guy noticed something similar was already done for the one installed right now (was replaced about30-40k ago, likely a wrecked cat).

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 14
I wonder if there's a difference between turbo and non turbo EP6 model?
Get a skilled welder to cut and weld a 5cm extension piece as you basically got a new cat for free. You'll need to keep the clamp connection end. Not sure a muffler place wouldn't do this. Maybe take old and new into a skilled muffler repair shop and ask the owner 🤔

The cat converters of the turbo and non-turbo EP engines differ. Non turbo cats come with the exhaust manifold attached.

A muffler shop could fabricate a short extension with clamps, as dimi suggests.

I noticed that the more powerful later turbo engines retain the same part number.

I just noticed that manual and auto EP6 cars have different part numbers. The exhaust diameter is also smaller than in turbo engines.

Aha we have a winner....so on the manual the flexible section must differ as well to reach around the gearbox and longer hence cat is shorter or visa versa