2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive

Agreed. Mine was owned by an Italian Painter in Sydney. I think the pick of the collectables would be the 50th anniversary P5 LTD or Landau, both gold with a gold rag top and now very rare.
1975. Italian painter. Marrickville? Should have been a purple Valiant.
Yes P5 Town Car in gold was the pick ...

1712911345483.png

that $2000 C5 in Buderim is listed on face book as having a 3.0 V6 but the VIN incl. RHH ?

Being sold cheaply because it is only running on 4 cylinders???

No, meant that the owner lists it as a 6 cylinder but in only runs on it's 4 cylinders. RHH in VIN means the same '6 cylinder' engine as yours.

er, yes, i thought the RHH was one of the DW10CTED4 family - ie, a 2 litre inline four - not a V6

Looks like the 2012 C5 X7 needs a bit of work, that will be done in stages. Appears the car has not had a major service in a long time.

The car is Currently with Euroserve, Newstead. It is having the oil and filters changed, inc transmission.
Change the timing belt, front brakes pads and discs (on metal to metal).
Top up particle fluid and replace engine mounts.

Then later on, leaking oil seals on hydraulics, then front suspension mount bushes, car clunks when you apply the brakes, then take off.

Glad I did only pay $1500 for the car. Should be still a good cheap car when fixed up.

It looks as though the last owner saw future bills and lost interest in the car.

I've just done my C5's four brake discs and timing belt. Not hard or particularly expensive jobs, but it is a full day's work. (I spread it out ). I particularly hate the torx bolt on the calipers under the rubber cap (why did they do this?). I must get round to the transmission change.

Where is the hydraulic leak?

Yes it does look that way. He bought a new Range Rover and parked this one on the street.

I believe the leak is the seals in the struts.
Put the car up full height and it stays there. Normal height, the front lowers the moment you switch the engine off.
Most of these things are beyond me at my age due to mobility. :rolleyes:

Yes it does look that way. He bought a new Range Rover and parked this one on the street.

I believe the leak is the seals in the struts.
Put the car up full height and it stays there. Normal height, the front lowers the moment you switch the engine off.
Most of these things are beyond me at my age due to mobility. :rolleyes:
The X7 does not have struts in the sense that your old C5 does, it is a double wishbone system ( if that is what you meant ) ... The hydraulic "struts" on X7s do not have a leak collection system, so any leakage is readily seen as it is external and conventional like what is generally called shock absorbers. None of the hydropneumatic "struts" have a leak collection bellows or gaiters. Front or back.
If the brakes are metal on metal how on earth did it get passed in a roadworthy inspection before change of ownership progressed ?
Engine mounts seem a regular event, especially the "dogbone" that is a torque reaction arm that stops the engine rocking under loads on and off. Not difficult but a regular replacement.
Euroserve are well regarded and know their stuff.

The front "struts" aren't cheap if replacement is needed, so good luck there. The function is similar to your old car - a piston to push fluid into the sphere.

Ron, You need to read the more recent question about mechanics on the Central Coast .. You are not alone in dealing with the C5X7 and its maintenance requirements.
While you were pleased to see the end of your old C5 the first generation C5s have some advantages over the newer C5X7 design. The leak capture system being one, and the rear suspension being trailing arms that pivot in roller bearings being another. ( Not as long lived as the DS tapered roller bearings though ).
There are several threads here about X7s needing front suspension arms and bushes, and the associated problems. David S ( on the newer thread above ) has described the "foibles" of the X7 well. Mechanics without adequate knowledge may give a suspension unit a failure rating, when in fact some wetness is to be expected. A question that re appears on AF is the exhaust Depollution particulate capturing and burning off system and its required catalyst fluid. Euroserve will know, but some people assume it is an Adblu cleaned diesel ( and the very last of the C5s were so equipped ).

The X7 does not have struts in the sense that your old C5 does, it is a double wishbone system ( if that is what you meant ) ... The hydraulic "struts" on X7s do not have a leak collection system, so any leakage is readily seen as it is external and conventional like what is generally called shock absorbers. None of the hydropneumatic "struts" have a leak collection bellows or gaiters. Front or back.
If the brakes are metal on metal how on earth did it get passed in a roadworthy inspection before change of ownership progressed ?
Engine mounts seem a regular event, especially the "dogbone" that is a torque reaction arm that stops the engine rocking under loads on and off. Not difficult but a regular replacement.
Euroserve are well regarded and know their stuff.
Thank you for your input, and explanation.

Ron, You need to read the more recent question about mechanics on the Central Coast .. You are not alone in dealing with the C5X7 and its maintenance requirements.
While you were pleased to see the end of your old C5 the first generation C5s have some advantages over the newer C5X7 design. The leak capture system being one, and the rear suspension being trailing arms that pivot in roller bearings being another. ( Not as long lived as the DS tapered roller bearings though ).
There are several threads here about X7s needing front suspension arms and bushes, and the associated problems. David S ( on the newer thread above ) has described the "foibles" of the X7 well. Mechanics without adequate knowledge may give a suspension unit a failure rating, when in fact some wetness is to be expected. A question that re appears on AF is the exhaust Depollution particulate capturing and burning off system and its required catalyst fluid. Euroserve will know, but some people assume it is an Adblu cleaned diesel ( and the very last of the C5s were so equipped ).
Thank you. I trust Ian at euroserve, he helped a lot to keep the old C5 going and I'm sure he will do the same with this one.

The front "struts" aren't cheap if replacement is needed, so good luck there. The function is similar to your old car - a piston to push fluid into the sphere.
Thank You. I thought they looked a bit different.

Sorry, deleted post, wrong pic.

Attachments

• front susp.jpg
    front susp.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: