Has anyone installed EFI on an Alpine a110

Hi Chris.

That's reassuring. Makes the effort worthwhile. I don't have a benchmark on power with Webers for my car for comparison purposes but someone on here might have for a 1647cc motor.

Wiring all done and dusted after arrival of Toyota Yaris direct fire ignition coils. Now waiting on a time slot to go to the dyno to program the computer and start up after priming the motor. Motor not yet run in so initial plan is to have it going and then go on the road to run in the motor over about 200kms and then return to the dyno for a final turn. Fingers crossed. The dyno firm is an agent for Haltech and have done work for me before on a Nissan Silvia S15 some years ago.

Wiring all done and dusted after arrival of Toyota Yaris direct fire ignition coils. Now waiting on a time slot to go to the dyno to program the computer and start up after priming the motor. Motor not yet run in so initial plan is to have it going and then go on the road to run in the motor over about 200kms and then return to the dyno for a final turn. Fingers crossed. The dyno firm is an agent for Haltech and have done work for me before on a Nissan Silvia S15 some years ago.
Good call to go to a Haltech agent, and a dyno operator you have previous experience with. Some operators just blame the ECU if they can't tune the car, then try to sell you their personal preference in ECUs and hardware.

Reactions: COL
Hi Chris. now at the Haltech agent in Mitchell. They had never seen an old A110 before so had to take through the operations of the car. they were amazed that anyone could fit in it. re your earlier request about power, the R18 workshop manual says the 841 motor (which mine was originally) is rated at 79 bhp (DIN) at 5,500 rpm. I don't expect any power reading yet until the motor is run in after doing about 200kms. It should be better than the above given it has a higher lift cam and EFI. Have to wait and see.

Yes don't keep us waiting Bazzamac :D I can only refresh Aussiefrogs so quickly.

More limited progress. ECU configured. Have to get the car back home to fix up some wiring issues - my fault. job for next week.

More limited progress. ECU configured. Have to get the car back home to fix up some wiring issues - my fault. job for next week.
Funny how things turn out. A good mate called in last Monday while working on fixing a leak in a neighbour's roof. I missed him as I was in the shower but he noticed my garage was empty of Alpines. He later said he thought I was selling up and moving out. I told him that my 2018 Alpine A110 was in Melbourne being repaired after hitting 3 roos last October and my 1969 A110 was out at Mitchell having the ECU configured. He then reminded me that he has a rolling road at his place and mentioned his son is trained in Haltech. Guess where my car will be going next to get tuned??!!