2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive

Post a photo of your radio unit inc controls, so your particular fitting can be recognised. It should be one of the 3 in my handbook.

A new BT module is likely to give you a better connection than one from a decade ago. Especially when connecting to more modern phones. I found older cars from 2014 or so struggle with my pixel 8 or anything on newer android versions.

My 2012 C5 has no problems with a Motorola Android.

Post a photo of your radio unit inc controls, so your particular fitting can be recognised. It should be one of the 3 in my handbook.
This is it. Click on the pic for a larger image

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 44
I wonder if you can fit a later model radio set up from an earlier or later model C5 ?

1500 Bux? Buy of the Century! I have a 2013 with 100000 klm and I certainly wouldn't sell it for that!

One of Citroen's prettiest and most reliable cars, ever!

Especially beautiful in that colour, is it "Bourrasque"?
Some one mentioned before, that if you buy an X7, after a while, you may realize that it is the best car you have ever owned.
Well, to be honest, I think it is! :love:
Since I was 26, (59 years ago) I have owned 30 motor cars, from a Morris Minor, Fords, Holdens, Mercedes Benz, many Jaguars, Citroen D Super Pug 504's, plus assorted pommy, German (VW) and yankie (GM) cars.

This C5 X7, is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable one I have ever owned. Beautiful to drive, to boot! I can see why people love them. The older C5 was very good but not a patch on this one.

I take it for a nice quiet drive, and don't want to stop. I filled the tank with diesel, have done 110km so far and it says I have 850km left in the tank. The fuel consumption is unbelievable! The most frugal car I have ever had, unlike the 1975 Fairlane 351ci, that hated passing a servo. :confused:

On the open road 1200 km is easy. Brisbane to Sydney in one go with plenty of reserve in the tank.

It's not only a better body, the engine is better also.

It is the best car I have owned, though my previous list isn't as long as yours. My smoothest car was an auto V8 Rover P6 (twin carbs), just as nice inside, but it was very thirsty, and actually had less oomph.

Some one mentioned before, that if you buy an X7, after a while, you may realize that it is the best car you have ever owned.
Since I was 26, (59 years ago) I have owned 30 motor cars, from a Morris Minor, Fords, Holdens, Mercedes Benz, many Jaguars, Citroen D Super Pug 504's, plus assorted pommy, German (VW) and yankie (GM) cars.

This C5 X7, is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable one I have ever owned. Beautiful to drive, to boot! I can see why people love them. The older C5 was very good but not a patch on this one.

I take it for a nice quiet drive, and don't want to stop. I filled the tank with diesel, have done 110km so far and it says I have 850km left in the tank. The fuel consumption is unbelievable! The most frugal car I have ever had, unlike the 1975 Fairlane 351ci, that hated passing a servo. :confused:
Well said!

On the open road 1200 km is easy. Brisbane to Sydney in one go with plenty of reserve in the tank.

It's not only a better body, the engine is better also.

It is the best car I have owned, though my previous list isn't as long as yours. My smoothest car was an auto V8 Rover P6 (twin carbs), just as nice inside, but it was very thirsty, and actually had less oomph.
From 1977, I had two cars on the go, one for me and one for the wife, hence the long list.

What the price differential in 2024 for C5 vs 1975 351 Fairlane?

What the price differential in 2024 for C5 vs 1975 351 Fairlane?
Good question, David. Would you believe, the Fairlane I had was a 50th anniversary model. In July 1975, Ford commenced a release of the Town Cars. These were 50th-Anniversary models, celebrating 50 years of Ford in Australia. They produced 250 of each in the LTD and Fairlane ranges. The Fairlanes in particular were optioned with LTD components, 15-inch wheels, leather interior, and electric windows to name some options. In the Fairlane, only a small handful was special-ordered with a 351 motor. All others were 302s. (300) 351ci's I believe.

Attachments

• 013_1975 ZG Failane 50th Anniversary-012.jpg
    013_1975 ZG Failane 50th Anniversary-012.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 31
Ron, you were obviously 'somebody' in 1975 then. :) Did yours have the Knirps folding umbrella that was apparently in the LTD spec?
It was probably more fuel-efficient than a contemporary V12 Jaguar running on 4 carbs and certainly much simpler to maintain.

Ron, you were obviously 'somebody' in 1975 then. :) Did yours have the Knirps folding umbrella that was apparently in the LTD spec?
It was probably more fuel-efficient than a contemporary V12 Jaguar running on 4 carbs and certainly much simpler to maintain.
David I bought it second hand in 1983, for 4 grand, I think. Owned it until 1993. I put LPG on it which mad it cheaper to run. Used it to lug an 18' Viscount Caravan around, with us and out three kids. No brolley with it then :cool:

Attachments

• viscount_18ftsm.jpg
    viscount_18ftsm.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 27
Well, 'somebody' had been 'somebody' in 1975. The 'coke bottle' shape Falcons and P5 LTD were better to look at than the P6 LTD/Fairlane and then the XD boxes were a big change in styling. The mechanicals continued I think, so probably no more fuel inefficient.

Well, 'somebody' had been 'somebody' in 1975. The 'coke bottle' shape Falcons and P5 LTD were better to look at than the P6 LTD/Fairlane and then the XD boxes were a big change in styling. The mechanicals continued I think, so probably no more fuel inefficient.
Agreed. Mine was owned by an Italian Painter in Sydney. I think the pick of the collectables would be the 50th anniversary P5 LTD or Landau, both gold with a gold rag top and now very rare.

Citroen hinted at that feeling ... Take the long way home.