New 205 build.

It's now got a straight through small body muffler in the middle. Better, but maybe still too loud... Will give it a little time before I take it back again.

Got the tune smoothed out on the dyno on Tuesday, and it's running really nicely! Plenty of power, everywhere! The apparently "very conservative" dyno said 122hp at the wheels at 7000rpm. :)

Just need to build a box around the air cleaner - it's currently easily reaching 45 degrees when stationary, and mount the ls1 coils properly.

Big thanks to everyone who's given me a hand and answered my questions along the way. In particular Peter has given me plenty of tips - especially with the haltech stuff!

Last edited:
Just need to build a box around the air cleaner - it's currently easily reaching 45 degrees when stationary

Is it an option to just use a K&N Apollo and then run the inlet to somewhere it can pick up cool air? I've been looking at these and wondering why no one seems to use them on 205 conversions.

Is it an option to just use a K&N Apollo and then run the inlet to somewhere it can pick up cool air? I've been looking at these and wondering why no one seems to use them on 205 conversions.

I hadn't seen k&n apollos. Looks like it could be a good solution!! I'll check it out.

I did it like this once, taking air through the normal cold air intake, and using the battery as a wall, in addition to other surfaces.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 345
I did it like this once, taking air through the normal cold air intake, and using the battery as a wall, in addition to other surfaces.

So should the original cold air intake deliver enough volume of air without any constriction? I was toying with whether I could use the original plastic intake piece where it comes out from under the slam panel but turn it upside down so it points down towards the bottom of the battery. I haven't actually worked it through yet, but thought I might then be able to join the original cold air intake piece to the Apollo with some flexible tubing?

Been using one for two years now with good result

Thanks. On that basis I just ordered one! Where do you take the intake from? Does the hose just point down past the clutch lever?

I'm convinced on the concept... Has yours shown up Richard? I'm a little worried about the cheap price and them being counterfeit. I don't care about the body etc, but I want to make sure I'm using a quality filter!

Yeah - it seems too good to be true and that usually spells trouble!

I just thought I'd suck it and see this time - ebay has a money back guarantee for goods delivered not as described, but maybe I'm naive :crazy:

We shall see...

No - I haven't got mine, but it has been marked in the eBay system as despatched and it's only coming from Brisbane so should hopefully turn up this week. Not sure how I would tell if it's fake thought...

No - I haven't got mine, but it has been marked in the eBay system as despatched and it's only coming from Brisbane so should hopefully turn up this week. Not sure how I would tell if it's fake thought...

Any luck?! How's it look?

I hope you're not letting this stop you driving your car mate!?

Come round and check out my setup if you like.

Nope. Been doing plenty of driving. :) Unfortunately, mostly between home and work!

Eager to see how the Apollo works out though!

Let us know how you set it up and how it works. I've got mine and it looks good but a long way from being ready to set it up!

I still haven't changed the intake. Any pics of yours Richard?

Got my refurbished speedlines on the car today, so took a few snaps. :)

pug1.jpg

pug2.jpg