The 195/55R15 Tyre Thread

Do they come in 55 profile too?

yes; to quote an earlier post of mine:

Bridgestone's replacement for the RE002, the RE003, is just released & stocks are now available in Australia. It's too soon for there to be any tyre tests available on it but the preview drive reports I've seen have been favourable. From what I can gather it sounds to be as crisp & taut as the 002 but with added wet grip. All very promising sounding. It's available in 195/55-15 & currently (until the end of April) available on a "4 for the price of 3" basis. The local BJ quote for me (for 195/55-15 for a friend's son) was $120.25 per corner.

cheers! Peter

RE003 are on a 4 for the price of 3 offer at Bridgestone now

You're kidding me, I bought a set of 4 just last Thursday at a Bridgestone store, and nothing was mentioned about any upcoming deals...

Very happy with the tyres so far by the way, 195 55 15 fitted to 205 Speedlines, very grippy and quiet, even in these early days.

You're kidding me, I bought a set of 4 just last Thursday at a Bridgestone store, and nothing was mentioned about any upcoming deals...

Very happy with the tyres so far by the way, 195 55 15 fitted to 205 Speedlines, very grippy and quiet, even in these early days.
Ouch.

I'd be paying them them a "not happy' visit.

I like bridgestone, but almost all the suppliers in my area are complete dickheads so it is becoming harder and harder to continue to support that brand.

Jo

I just put a new set of 195 50 15 RE003s on my 205 replacing a set of RE001s. Very good in the wet!!

After 3 weeks I think they are as good as my Toyo 888s, and I may use them for future bitumen motorkhanas (far cheaper than the 888s!).

They appear huge in cross section though (Should have put 185 55 15 on the std 6" rims) A bit late now! :)

They appear huge in cross section though (Should have put 185 55 15 on the std 6" rims) A bit late now! :)

Ah, so they have kept the same over-size sizing.
The re002 in 195/55/r15 was something like 203mm wide on a 6.5inch rim.

There was a seth African bridgestone website that gave real data on sizing.
Might be worth looking up in future.
jo

Ouch.

I'd be paying them them a "not happy' visit.

I like bridgestone, but almost all the suppliers in my area are complete dickheads so it is becoming harder and harder to continue to support that brand.

Jo

I agree, I bought mine about 6 weeks ago and the deal was running then...

Interesting to hear that the RE003 has a nice wide tread pattern. I really like the Michelin PS3 as a good road tyre, but they are always quite skinny compared to other brands when fitted on the wheels.

Might give the RE003 a shot as I'm due for tyres on the 205 shortly. Be interested to hear what others think of them.

Really love the Federal 595 RS-R as a great value performance tyre, but given I commute in the 205 often, I thought I'd be better with something a bit more road oriented.

I agree, I bought mine about 6 weeks ago and the deal was running then...

Ouch with extra cringe.

Before we all make Pugly 306 cry, it might be worth him checking if the seller included the discount in the price.

Jo

I Iove them. They are fat though. I have 195s on my sl434s as can be seen in a post on this thread a few weeks ago. They would be very big on 205 speed lines...

Why imperial from an Italian wheel on a French car I don't know...

I thought they were 6.5 and the motorsport version was 6.75?

Motorsport! ;-)

Attachments

• 1446461939374.jpg
    1446461939374.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 281
Hey guys, paid $130 each, not sure if that is full price or not though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk