xu10 into 205 loom
  • Help

Default xu10 into 205 loom

does anyone have any experience with setting up some of the senders on a xu10 motor when fitting it into a 205?
    i have most of it sorted i think but just need to sort the oil senders. the motor i have looks like it only has a oil pressure switch that would operate a light and a oil level sensor which would most likely trigger a light also?

i dont really know much about the engine other than it is a xu10j4r most likely from a 306. i was planning to use the 205 oil pressure senders but the pressure guage from the 205 has a smaller thread than what is in the xu10 block. i seem to remeber that you can get adaptors but no one local to me even goes close to caring about it finding something for me.

on top of that does it matter where the senders are fitted on the block? there are 3 threaded holes on block. 1 aleady has a pressure sender fitted then there is an oil level sender and a plugged off spare hole. i think i will have to remove the level sender and plug that and put the pressure switch where the plugged hole is. reason being is that the oil level sender is recessed into block and i dont think the oil pressure senders will fit, hence the question about the location of senders.

if your not confused by now your doing better than me.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xu10 into 205 loom-sensors.jpg  
    Last edited by djvu205; 11th September 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Take a pic of the front of the block to refresh my memory.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

finally got pic to upload. blue arrow is the plugged spare hole. green is oil level sensor. orange is the existing oil pressure sender which im guessing is a switch for a light, not a guage. yellow is knock sensor which i plan to remove.

im thinking of putting the 205 oil pressure guage where the existing xu10 switch is (orange arrow) and then putting the oil pressure switch where the plug is (blue arrow) then plug the oil level sender?

Icon7 Confused!

Quote Originally Posted by djvu205 View Post
    does anyone have any experience with setting up some of the senders on a xu10 motor when fitting it into a 205?
    i have most of it sorted i think but just need to sort the oil senders. the motor i have looks like it only has a oil pressure switch that would operate a light and a oil level sensor which would most likely trigger a light also?

i dont really know much about the engine other than it is a xu10j4r most likely from a 306. i was planning to use the 205 oil pressure senders but the pressure guage from the 205 has a smaller thread than what is in the xu10 block. i seem to remeber that you can get adaptors but no one local to me even goes close to caring about it finding something for me.

on top of that does it matter where the senders are fitted on the block? there are 3 threaded holes on block. 1 aleady has a pressure sender fitted then there is an oil level sender and a plugged off spare hole. i think i will have to remove the level sender and plug that and put the pressure switch where the plugged hole is. reason being is that the oil level sender is recessed into block and i dont think the oil pressure senders will fit, hence the question about the location of senders.

if your not confused by now your doing better than me.
    I don't know if the following helps, but the 1st shot is what is fitted on my engine at your "orange" arrow (note oil filter), & the second shot is what is fitted at your Yellow arrow. I dont have the oil pressure gauge sender fitted (as you have stated the 205 one is different size and will not fit).

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xu10 into 205 loom-dsc06837.jpg   xu10 into 205 loom-dsc06842.jpg  
    Last edited by BIGRR; 11th September 2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

thanks BIGRR does help a little but looks like the second shot is down near the starter, the green arrow on mine? the yellow arrow on mine is the knock sensor and doesnt have a hole that goes into the block as such. its more of a stud that the knock sensor hangs off. should have left the yellow one out but it was already in the pic.

Thread Information